• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

(RESOLVED) FordPass - SecuriAlert, OTA Updates dissappeared

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Just as the title says, SecuriAlert as well as OTA Updates disappeared from my FordPass application about 2 days ago. I did a manual GWM update to "EKB" revision via FDRS which was successful. Not sure if that caused it, or there is a glitch at Fords "mothership" servers:

Ford F-150 Lightning (RESOLVED) FordPass - SecuriAlert, OTA Updates dissappeared 99B021A2-A61A-4FF6-98DA-97598C5F215B
Ford F-150 Lightning (RESOLVED) FordPass - SecuriAlert, OTA Updates dissappeared C030F0F3-946D-408D-8F08-F6D335E6D153

What's even more concerning is that @tonesto7 "hidden" OTA message shows following:

Ford F-150 Lightning (RESOLVED) FordPass - SecuriAlert, OTA Updates dissappeared 1642373519023

Truck does not show any DTCs to any modules related to OTA and SecuriAlert. Anyone experiencing same/similar issues. Especially those who performed manual GWM update ?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I fixed it this morning. Seems FDRS uploads and modifies your As-Built after your initial Network Scan. It uploads changes made to module configurations as well as SW revisions of your modules. In my case, the GWM SW revision got corrupted during scan (or upload):

Ford F-150 Lightning (RESOLVED) FordPass - SecuriAlert, OTA Updates dissappeared 1642468975157

All I needed was to launch FDRS and re-run network scan and that corrected my As-Built SW revision info for GWM:

Ford F-150 Lightning (RESOLVED) FordPass - SecuriAlert, OTA Updates dissappeared 1642469071450

And voila! OTA and SecuriAlert is back in business!

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I fixed it this morning. Seems FDRS uploads and modifies your As-Built after your initial Network Scan. It uploads changes made to module configurations as well as SW revisions of your modules. In my case, the GWM SW revision got corrupted during scan (or upload):

1642468975157.png

All I needed was to launch FDRS and re-run network scan and that corrected my As-Built SW revision info for GWM:

1642469071450.png

Great you got it working. Where did you pull those config files from on your PC?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Great you got it working. Where did you pull those config files from on your PC?
You can pull your As-Built either from PTS (if you have access to it) or motorcraft website here. I managed to save a copy before GWM update so I had data to compare against. Took me a good while to figure this out...

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

1642468975157.png

1642469071450.png

Does this suggest that you should always do a follow-up network scan after every module update to make sure nothing in your As-Built data got corrupted?

Sponsored
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Does this suggest that you should always do a follow-up network scan after every module update to make sure nothing in your As-Built data got corrupted?
i think this was an isolated case caused perhaps by network disturbance (by weak wifi signal to my laptop) or a bug in FDRS software. Don’t know for sure. Should you get such issue as described in OP, a simple network scan would fix it

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
i think this was an isolated case caused perhaps by network disturbance (by weak wifi signal to my laptop) or a bug in FDRS software. Don’t know for sure. Should you get such issue as described in OP, a simple network scan would fix it
Got it. Thanks. Good catch on your end.

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
So if I download that as built file how do I upload it into FDRS?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
So if I download that as built file how do I upload it into FDRS?
You can’t! FDRS submits all HW/SW revision info automatically at the end of network scan

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired

1642468975157.png

1642469071450.png

As mentioned in other thread, both of mine are gone now too. I’m pretty sure I reran net scan again. Just happened to notice exactly what you mentioned here. Ugh.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Reran the test several times this morn. No joy. FP still missing security and update screen.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
In my last scan, I had the blank APIM version in FDRS, but still have FP updates & Security.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Reran the test several times this morn. No joy. FP still missing security and update screen.
Whats important, that you shut down FDRS between individual Network Scan sessions. It seems only the intial Network Scan result is reported to Ford servers. Any subsequent scan does not. At least this was my observation

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Whats important, that you shut down FDRS between individual Network Scan sessions. It seems only the intial Network Scan result is reported to Ford servers. Any subsequent scan does not. At least this was my observation
First I heard that. Pretty sure I tried that but I have one more day. So will try first thing in morn. My brain hurts.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Following icemans procedure above resolved my missing headlight, securealert stuff missing. Also gave back the data to the widget ap.
Thanks Pete!
Sponsored