• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
One more dream shattered. I got some splaining to do to the boss it appears
Not sure which fridge you have but I have the Dometic CFX3 45 which is under 19" so should potentially fit. Looks like the ARB (per their specs) is bit taller (19.5"). The Dometic for sure fits under my rolltop tonneau (PaceEdwards Ultragroove) on my current Ram (with a Bedrug) and I think the F-150 bedrails are an inch or so higher than the Ram bedrails.
Sponsored

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Not sure which fridge you have but I have the Dometic CFX3 45 which is under 19" so should potentially fit. Looks like the ARB (per their specs) is bit taller (19.5"). The Dometic for sure fits under my rolltop tonneau (PaceEdwards Ultragroove) on my current Ram (with a Bedrug) and I think the F-150 bedrails are an inch or so higher than the Ram bedrails.

I did the 59qt Euhomy one from Amazon. I love the thing and it works great. I think the height is something like 22 inches

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Might be out of luck on that one!

Yep, I just saw they have a newer one that is supposed to be 20.63" high, but I doubt the CFO will let me upgrade since I've only used to old one a few times. First world problems...

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Yep, I just saw they have a newer one that is supposed to be 20.63" high, but I doubt the CFO will let me upgrade since I've only used to old one a few times. First world problems...
Lots of space in the cab if you’re not filled with passengers.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I ordered it directly from Retrax. In May they had a $300 factory rebate so I decided to get it under that. Price before the rebate was $2099 not including tax. Shipping was free.
So you paid the same price that you would have buying it with the truck as the Ford-branded OEM version ($1,695 option), which is what I did on my Platinum Lightning. There is some mythology around the factory tonneau delaying production/delivery, but that simply is not true. I'm planning to move our Yakima racks over from our '21 Powerboost for carrying kayaks - great system.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
So you paid the same price that you would have buying it with the truck as the Ford-branded OEM version ($1,695 option), which is what I did on my Platinum Lightning. There is some mythology around the factory tonneau delaying production/delivery, but that simply is not true. I'm planning to move our Yakima racks over from our '21 Powerboost for carrying kayaks - great system.
I'm fairly sure the factory one is NOT the aluminum version but the cheaper version...

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I'm fairly sure the factory one is NOT the aluminum version but the cheaper version...
I don't want to step on your ad program here, but you are incorrect. I have owned six Retrax tonneau covers since 2006, including two Pro XRs. I now have the Ford OEM version made by Retrax on my '21 PowerBoost (6.5' bed) and its is installed on my '22 Lightning Platinum that is sitting in the Miami railyard pending delivery next week (5.5' bed). They are the real RetraxPro XR and are a great deal, as they come fully installed, have the Ford logo, have the full Ford warranty, and are $300-$400 cheaper than list price from most Retrax resellers, except when on sale, when they are equal, but without the benefits of buying direct from Ford. Pics of my current Ford-branded Retrax XR below on my personal PowerBoost King Ranch that will be traded next week for the Lightning. Definitely aluminum, can stand on it. Identical to the 8' Retrax-branded Pro XR that is on my '17 F350.

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning F150rack3

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning F150rack4

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning F150rack5

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning F150rack6

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I don't want to step on your ad program here, but you are incorrect. I have owned six Retrax tonneau covers since 2006, including two Pro XRs. I now have the Ford OEM version made by Retrax on my '21 PowerBoost (6.5' bed) and its is installed on my '22 Lightning Platinum that is sitting in the Miami railyard pending delivery next week (5.5' bed). They are the real RetraxPro XR and are a great deal, as they come fully installed, have the Ford logo, have the full Ford warranty, and are $300-$400 cheaper than list price from most Retrax resellers, except when on sale, when they are equal, but without the benefits of buying direct from Ford. Pics of my current Ford-branded Retrax XR below on my personal PowerBoost King Ranch that will be traded next week for the Lightning. Definitely aluminum, can stand on it. Identical to the 8' Retrax-branded Pro XR that is on my '17 F350.

F150rack3.jpg

F150rack4.jpg

F150rack5.jpg

F150rack6.jpg
The Cover Ford offers on the lightning is $1,159.58 and I can tell you it's not the RetraxPRO XR for that price. That's the most expensive roll-up they offer on the Lightning.

Now your dealer may have offered you a "Ford" branded one and taken $$ off to close the deal, but you still paid more at the end of the day then you would a Retrax. Just because a dealer charged you less, doesn't mean he didn't make up for it elsewhere in the sale of your vehicle...

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
The Cover Ford offers on the lightning is $1,159.58 and I can tell you it's not the RetraxPRO XR for that price. That's the most expensive roll-up they offer on the Lightning.

Now your dealer may have offered you a "Ford" branded one and taken $$ off to close the deal, but you still paid more at the end of the day then you would a Retrax. Just because a dealer charged you less, doesn't mean he didn't make up for it elsewhere in the sale of your vehicle...
Sorry, but incorrect. Ford offers the RetraxPro XR as a Ford branded option for $1,695 when ordered with the truck. The top in the pictures above is a Retrax Pro XR and came with my F-150. Same for the one that is installed on my new Lightning. Both were ordered from the factory as installed options. The ONLY difference is the Ford logo vs the Retrax logo. I own them both, multiple copies of the Retrax branded model and the Ford branded model. There is no difference. You can go to Ford's website right now and do a build-your-own on any pickup model and will see the $1,695 option to add the retractable bed cover - which IS unquestionably the Retrax Pro XR. My dealer had nothing to do with it.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Proof? Here's my window sticker.

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.33.36 PM

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sorry, but incorrect. Ford offers the RetraxPro XR as a Ford branded option for $1,695 when ordered with the truck. The top in the pictures above is a Retrax Pro XR and came with my F-150. Same for the one that is installed on my new Lightning. Both were ordered from the factory as installed options. The ONLY difference is the Ford logo vs the Retrax logo. I own them both, multiple copies of the Retrax branded model and the Ford branded model. There is no difference. You can go to Ford's website right now and do a build-your-own on any pickup model and will see the $1,695 option to add the retractable bed cover - which IS unquestionably the Retrax Pro XR. My dealer had nothing to do with it.
I just went to the Ford site. You can't build a platinum with the Retrax cover (or the OEM branded "Retrax" one). Show me what you are seeing because I just went to check and didn't see it there.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
These are the only ones I see.

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning 1658108226918

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I just did a build and noted an anomaly - you can order the Retrax off list on the Lightning. It is still listed on all other F-150 and Super Duty models, but for some reason has dropped off the Platinum build page - but there is a way to order it there. You can add the Retrax cover by selecting one of the Yakima rack accessories that requires the XR rails - it then adds the correct bed cover into the build. So it is a Ford website problem - I promise you that you CAN order the Retrax XR as an OEM item for $1,695 - and it still works correctly (listed separately) when building any Ford pickup on their website except the Lighting - and you can force it on the Lightning by choosing a rack that needs that top. This must be a recent website change/error because it was fine when I built my truck. And, as you can see in my window sticker above, it is on my Lightning as OEM. Below are two screenshots I just took - one showing how I added the Retrax to a Lightning by adding a Yakima rack, and one showing it as an option for a standard F-150.

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.48.31 PM

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.45.11 PM
Sponsored