• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Scheduled Charging Issues(preferred charge locations)

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Well it charged for 2 nights fine however I got up this morning to find out it has not charged at all again. Ford really needs to fix this how can you rely on a vehicle that will not charge consistently.
Ford already fixed this issue in the latest OTA updates by adding a game for you to play while you wait at a charger. (Sarcasm implied)
Sponsored

OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Another odd one last night opposite of the previous nights issue, it went from 62% to 99% when my home charging location is set to charge at a max to 80%. I did get the software update for the recalls yesterday evening so not sure if that somehow effected it but that seems like a bug.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Another odd one last night opposite of the previous nights issue, it went from 62% to 99% when my home charging location is set to charge at a max to 80%. I did get the software update for the recalls yesterday evening so not sure if that somehow effected it but that seems like a bug.
Did you verify that your locations are still there? They are often wiped out by updates.

OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
yeah its still there, the slider to turn locations on and off seems to have disappeared though.

OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Well that was short. It did not charge last night again.

Ford F-150 Lightning Scheduled Charging Issues(preferred charge locations) 1660264551075

After 9PM still waiting to charge.

Ford F-150 Lightning Scheduled Charging Issues(preferred charge locations) 1660264590292

6:52 in the morning still waiting to charge.

Ford F-150 Lightning Scheduled Charging Issues(preferred charge locations) 1660264656014

Sponsored
OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Did not charge again last night Saturday Night. Had to change time range to anytime to get it to charge.

Ford F-150 Lightning Scheduled Charging Issues(preferred charge locations) 1660500665932

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Did you set up your schedule in the truck or in the app?

If I remember correctly, people on the Mach-e site were having problems with scheduled charging is it was done in the app. They had to set the schedule in the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I initially setup the scheduling in the vehicle. When I changed it to anytime I figured out how to do it in the app since I was remote and it was not charging.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I wish you could just set a charge level for everywhere. The fact this can't be done is mind boggling and likely the biggest miss by Ford with the options you're given. I should be able to touch a picture of the battery and then set my charge limit, not do this according to latitude and longitude, it's so odd!

OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I wish you could just set a charge level for everywhere. The fact this can't be done is mind boggling and likely the biggest miss by Ford with the options you're given. I should be able to touch a picture of the battery and then set my charge limit, not do this according to latitude and longitude, it's so odd!
That and a one time departure time. The set schedule does not work for me. I would like to put in quickly that I am leaving a x time next. Could be at an appointment or at home would be nice to automatically come back to a cool car.

Sponsored

DH0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning (Wave 3 Order)
Did you ever resolve this? I'm having a similar issue. Five nights out of six it charges fine but every once in a while it doesn't start charging at the scheduled time. Opening the door of the truck seems to get it back on schedule. It's almost like it has fallen asleep and missed the scheduled charging window.

OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Did you ever resolve this? I'm having a similar issue. Five nights out of six it charges fine but every once in a while it doesn't start charging at the scheduled time. Opening the door of the truck seems to get it back on schedule. It's almost like it has fallen asleep and missed the scheduled charging window.
Unfortunately not, Currently I just turned off scheduled charging could not have it not charge.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
One thing I started doing at the end of a driving day

1. Switch the truck off
  2. Then on accessory mode
  3. Then switch off
  4. Then plug in the truck

The routine always refreshed the dash display, showing the charging schedule and the truck seemed to follow through with the evening charging session, I started doing this after missing a couple of scheduled charge sessions.
Sponsored

Last edited: