• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seat Covers: Do they limit the seat heating and cooling?

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning
Hey there. I am exploring accessories to preserve the interior and I am curious if anyone has seat covers and how the seat heating/cooling is impacted. Any recommended covers that do not limit the heating/cooling?
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There is no such thing. Anything you put on the seat will impact both.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Also, as I just read in the manual today that seat covers shouldn't cover the seat airbags. Not sure if these seats have airbags but it's worth a look.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlackLightning
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning
I’ve been looking all day… Breathable/Ventilated car seats come few a far in between. Weather/Waterproof is popular, But I don’t see any the that mentions allowing seat cooling/heating to work well.

Even Ford says the seat covers aren’t combatible with heated seats when you look it up.

I’m just going to expect my leather to bust after a while and try and replace it.

Deeame

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Lightning
I’ve been looking all day… Breathable/Ventilated car seats come few a far in between. Weather/Waterproof is popular, But I don’t see any the that mentions allowing seat cooling/heating to work well.

Even Ford says the seat covers aren’t combatible with heated seats when you look it up.

I’m just going to expect my leather to bust after a while and try and replace it.

I've had seat covers on mine since buying it (4) months ago. The heat is slower but comes through just fine. I haven't tried the cooling yet, nor do I know how to switch it from heat to ventilated.

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager
Hey there. I am exploring accessories to preserve the interior and I am curious if anyone has seat covers and how the seat heating/cooling is impacted. Any recommended covers that do not limit the heating/cooling?
I have seat covers from CoverCraft
Colors match the paint (Black/Red)

I don’t notice much of any difference with or without the covers - for heating or cooling.

I run heat on 1 since anything higher gets uncomfortable.

live in Seattle so cooling not quite needed yet

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlackLightning
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning
I have seat covers from CoverCraft
Colors match the paint (Black/Red)

I don’t notice much of any difference with or without the covers - for heating or cooling.

I run heat on 1 since anything higher gets uncomfortable.

live in Seattle so cooling not quite needed yet
Im in Texas, so the cooling seats is a nice touch. And I do have the Lariat, so this is why I was concerned in the first place.

I will look into this CoverCraft though. Thanks!

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I wear suspenders and they really scuff up leather seats. I did extensive research on seat covers before I took possession of my Lightning to try to protect the seats from my suspenders. I finally gave up on seat covers and went with side clip instead of back clip suspenders so I could still take advantage of the cooled and heated seats.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I put on Wet Okole seat covers, front and Back. Had them in my 06 Taco. They held up great.
Per your question, The heated seats work fine, might take a min or two longer to warm yo, but it sill works fine. And they have "Air Bag" Cut outs. IMHO

OP
OP
BlackLightning
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning
I put on Wet Okole seat covers, front and Back. Had them in my 06 Taco. They held up great.
Per your question, The heated seats work fine, might take a min or two longer to warm yo, but it sill works fine. And they have "Air Bag" Cut outs. IMHO
I saw some on Amazon that looked good and had the air bag cut outs. Now Im thinking about it... Thanks!

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
This thread is probably worth a read to understand threats of using seat heaters and covers. Anything that limits the user's ability to feel heat poses a threat. I'm not saying don't use them but a conscientious operator understands potential threats.
Sponsored