• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software updates erases personal settings

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER Lightning
I’m not sure if anybody else has the same problem but every time I do an upgrade all of my personal settings disappear for a day or two and come back in random fashion except for my FM saved channels. Those disappear for good! SiriusXM, air conditioning settings, driving settings, etc. all reset to factory. Very weird but happens consistently.

By the way, I have no idea what the upgrade from this week that was installed last night actually did. I see zero changes on any of the screens or data. What am I looking for?
Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I had same experience. I think I turned them all back to my preferences but probably some I’ve missed. Annoying but not the end of the world I guess.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I’m not sure if anybody else has the same problem but every time I do an upgrade all of my personal settings disappear for a day or two and come back in random fashion except for my FM saved channels. Those disappear for good! SiriusXM, air conditioning settings, driving settings, etc. all reset to factory. Very weird but happens consistently.

By the way, I have no idea what the upgrade from this week that was installed last night actually did. I see zero changes on any of the screens or data. What am I looking for?
Very odd. It's never happened to me.

Mine is the 12" screen, but it never happened with my Mach-E 15" screen either.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
It has been hit-or-miss for me.

When mine was at the dealer, they applied a TSB for cabin pre-conditioning, and that reset many (but not all) of the settings. In particular, most of my driving preferences (1-pedal, auto-brake, etc.) were reset, but streaming and entertainment settings (radio stations, WiFi network name and password, etc.) were not.

So far (knock wood) the over-the-air updates have not caused preferences to change.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Assuming you associated your Drivers seat & key-fob to preferences and profile selections!

We've all experienced situations where the preference profile does not load during a remote start or departure-time operations, solution is to tap the seat button you stored a profile to, hopefully that recalls your settings if it happens in a future update.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It looks like my settings remained the same after the update….

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
Annoying #ford. I have had to reset all my presets twice this week already.

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I seem to have the same experience. I just got the frunk chime update and all my FM presets are gone, but SXM presets remained. The interesting part is my second radio preset was saved to an HD-3 station. After it blew out the preset, it's now set at 89.9-3.

The settings attached to the seat preset button has been overwritten with the blown out presets as well. I specifically made sure to save them after I corrected them the last time to test this. It's minor, but also irritating that it's even an issue.

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER Lightning
I seem to have the same experience. I just got the frunk chime update and all my FM presets are gone, but SXM presets remained. The interesting part is my second radio preset was saved to an HD-3 station. After it blew out the preset, it's now set at 89.9-3.

The settings attached to the seat preset button has been overwritten with the blown out presets as well. I specifically made sure to save them after I corrected them the last time to test this. It's minor, but also irritating that it's even an issue.
Frunk chime update?! I have never heard of that as of yet. That would be amazing as the factory chime is way too loud and obnoxious. I thought that part was a standalone non-upgradable item? Looking forward to that coming my way soon. Would love to know more. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed

mine don’t all disappear but sometimes the “guest” profile is selected and every update turns the stupid propulsion sound back on. @Ford Motor Company can’t updates be set to preserve ALL settings? Why does propulsion sound come on every time?

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
Frunk chime update?! I have never heard of that as of yet. That would be amazing as the factory chime is way too loud and obnoxious. I thought that part was a standalone non-upgradable item? Looking forward to that coming my way soon. Would love to know more. Thanks for sharing.
I just took the chime module out, now it’s silent and beautiful
Sponsored