• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Somebody check my math on monthly charging cost?

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Thanks all for the sanity check! I would agree with @Zprime29 that I'm probably being a bit conservative since most of my driving would be less than 65mph, but it wouldn't hurt to add a bit of cushion.

And of course, no guarantees on not racing the occasional mustang.
You will race them and you will win on any stock Mustang except maybe the Mach-E GT and you'll give it a good run too.
Sponsored

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Concur with @ExCivilian, I'm at 6 months and 11k miles. The last 7 years I've averaged 15k in a year.
Yup me too. I love it, I have inexpensive electricity, and I drive it everywhere. It would suck to have this as a lease, and have to pay the over mileage charges!!

so… add at least +30% to your mileage estimates!!

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
Keep in mind you're likely going to double your monthly mileage once you start enjoying $50/month in "fuel" costs. I've put 14K on my truck after roughly 8 months of ownership...
Absolutely, and very well said. If I can get there without DCFC these days I'm going to take the truck. I'm paying 4.9 cents per kW in Akron OH. I'm learning that is abnormally low, but I'll certainly take it. My 2.0kW per mile average gets me a relative cost of 2.5 cents per mile, or just under $4 per "fill up". On top of that I get to drive a very large and comfortable vehicle, and I can carry 3-4 passengers and payload if I want. I realize I'm not including tires or costing out the vehicle, but if I'm not driving the Lightning I would have costs in another vehicle! The insurance is high, and I will pay an extra $200 to register it, but I still think I'm getting a good deal.

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Absolutely, and very well said. If I can get there without DCFC these days I'm going to take the truck. I'm paying 4.9 cents per kW in Akron OH. I'm learning that is abnormally low, but I'll certainly take it. My 2.0kW per mile average gets me a relative cost of 2.5 cents per mile, or just under $4 per "fill up". On top of that I get to drive a very large and comfortable vehicle, and I can carry 3-4 passengers and payload if I want. I realize I'm not including tires or costing out the vehicle, but if I'm not driving the Lightning I would have costs in another vehicle! The insurance is high, and I will pay an extra $200 to register it, but I still think I'm getting a good deal.
Small world, I am in Akron also. Have owned my Lightning for a couple months now, and have not seen another one. Hopefully we will cross paths in the future.

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
I hope so! I'll keep an eye out, I've not seen another truck locally.
Sponsored