• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SOS: MY MSRP has increased after order

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
The increase in MSRP will show up on everyone's window sticker when the truck is built. This can be thought of as a 2023 mid year price increase. As long as the dealer sells the Lightning to you the original orderer, the dealer will get reimbursed for the $5,000 price increase within 60 or so days after the sale is completed.

You are entitled to get this $5,000 increase reduced from the price you pay for the vehicle. It will not be in Smart Vincent nor is it part of any 2022 to 2023 private offer. The problem may come with getting the dealer to pass that $5,000 savings on to you. It is a back end reduction in price with the dealer and not upfront.

Your best tactic is to bring the original WBDO order sheet you have from the dealer. That is the basis for the price you should be charged. A change like the removing the security pack will affect the MSRP for that option removal only. That change will also affect the WBDO difference between your original WBDO and the revised WBDO order.

If you want more info on the midyear price increases check out Tim Bartz's various weekly podcasts on Long McArthur Ford's YouTube channel. @FordVideoGuy He has covered these midyear price changes several times. Straightforward dealers will offer this to you at the time of purchase without your prompting. Some dealers salespeople may not be as aware of how these price increases are managed and consequently ignorant but not dishonest. Unscrupulous dealers will do everything they can to pocket this $5,000.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
My base MSRP for the Pro I have ordered is still showing $46,974.00 but the WBDO my dealer provided as of Nov. 4 is at the new MSRP. The options are more expensive as well. Hope they don't think I'm paying that...

Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order firefox_DID8o4cDUI

Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order firefox_dg6xPHKMVd

pson41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro - SR
Your best tactic is to bring the original WBDO order sheet you have from the dealer. That is the basis for the price you should be charged. A change like the removing the security pack will affect the MSRP for that option removal only. That change will also affect the WBDO difference between your original WBDO and the revised WBDO order.
I have a signed order sheet, so I'm hoping the change to the build doesn't affect how they view the sale.

Straightforward dealers will offer this to you at the time of purchase without your prompting. Some dealers salespeople may not be as aware of how these price increases are managed and consequently ignorant but not dishonest. Unscrupulous dealers will do everything they can to pocket this $5,000.
This is a new dealer for me but my interactions have been very positive (no ADM, etc). They have been a bit uninformed in the process so I appreciate you outlining everything so I can share it with them.

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have good news to anyone who’s MSRP went up. I had mine raised and just go a email the my Pro was scheduled. So I think that’s why the website price went up

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I have good news to anyone who’s MSRP went up. I had mine raised and just go a email the my Pro was scheduled. So I think that’s why the website price went up
Congrats. I am sure that was the reason for yours but mine seem to be "Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal"

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
check out Tim Bartz's various weekly podcasts on Long McArthur Ford's YouTube channel. @FordVideoGuy

@FordVideoGuy I watched this video and gave me the impression that I may have to choose between $7000 private cash offer saving and $5000 price protection at the time of purchase. Is that what you are saying?

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
@FordVideoGuy I watched this video and gave me the impression that I may have to choose between $7000 private cash offer saving and $5000 price protection at the time of purchase. Is that what you are saying?

No.
So if you had 21 order invite that you extended then you received a private offer that will be taken off your order price at the time of delivery. Otherwise your dealer should charge you the price from when you ordered the Lightning. So if you ordered a Pro before October 4th then your price should be $46,974 not $51,974. The price on the pro did not go up until after the Pro was sold out.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No.
So if you had 21 order invite that you extended then you received a private offer that will be taken off your order price at the time of delivery. Otherwise your dealer should charge you the price from when you ordered the Lightning. So if you ordered a Pro before October 4th then your price should be $46,974 not $51,974. The price on the pro did not go up until after the Pro was sold out.
That is great news. Thanks for taking the time for the quick response.

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Congrats. I am sure that was the reason for yours but mine seem to be "Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal"

What was the sensor under? Where will I see it on the order?

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Ford customer care is absolutely useless. Until the window sticker is available they have no idea how much their own truck will cost. I placed an order at MSRP of $39,974, Ford Manage website shows $46,974, latest dealer build sheet shows $51,974. The rep couldn't even verify I have a PCO despite my insistence it exists under my reservation number as other representatives have confirmed in the past. She was able to confirm inclination sensors in the Advanced Security package are gone after August builds, basically would tell you if somebody was picking up your truck to take a wheel/tow away. Perimeter security is still enabled supposedly (we'll see how long that lasts). No word on why all of my options prices are higher as well, "you'll have to wait for the sticker to be released". This customer experience is a joke.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the link. That is a bit disturbing. I can see the developers have all the codes written assuming they are there and Lightening start to freak out in the middle of the highway thinking no one is behind the wheel or does something dangerous when you want to rotate the tires or tow

What Are the Interior Sensors (If Equipped)
The interior sensors are designed to detect any movement inside your vehicle. The interior sensors are in the overhead console.
Note: Do not cover the interior sensors.

What Are the Inclination Sensors (If Equipped)
The inclination sensor is designed to detect an attempt to raise your vehicle, for example to remove a wheel or to tow it away.

What was the sensor under? Where will I see it on the order?
Ford F-150 Lightning SOS:  MY MSRP has increased after order 1668633533173

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks for the link. That is a bit disturbing. I can see the developers have all the codes written assuming they are there and Lightening start to freak out in the middle of the highway thinking no one is behind the wheel or does something dangerous when you want to rotate the tires or tow

What Are the Interior Sensors (If Equipped)
The interior sensors are designed to detect any movement inside your vehicle. The interior sensors are in the overhead console.
Note: Do not cover the interior sensors.

What Are the Inclination Sensors (If Equipped)
The inclination sensor is designed to detect an attempt to raise your vehicle, for example to remove a wheel or to tow it away.

1668633533173.png
Mine is removed as well hopefully you get a build week this week.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Holly crap. You were correct.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford customer care is absolutely useless.
The fact that some of them can tell you things others can't means there is great level of incompetence/lack of training but it seems like their managers are incompetent as well. Sometimes I feel bad for them because they seem like they don't have access to the the information they need to be helpful but they will be judged by my review of the call.
Sponsored