• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spare tire lock

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I have a 2023 ER Lariat, 12/08/22 build date. I can confirm that it did not come with the cargo net or the spare tire lock.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Pro and XLT never had cargo net as standard equipment, only Lariat and Platinum.
My November 2022 XLT 312A came with cargo net and spare lock and spare key.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
My 23 came with a dummy key even without the lockable spare. The key fits the center console lock. I presume trucks with spare tire lock, the same key fits both.
Same here with key, missing lockable spare tire locking keyed cylinder, just a hole under the cover no lock cylinder on my 23 Platinum. Ugh 😩

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Ok I found the well disguised key lock holes on both sides of my storage box. edited, message, thank you..!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Spare tire lock IMG_2615

Last edited:

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
Just re-read my window sticker again.
it says I have this: I see no way to lock mine..? No apparent key hole in seat or storage box. Does Ford mean lockable as in the position or key lockable with key 🔑??

IMG_2615.jpeg
The lock partially hidden by the seatbelt on my Lariat.

Ford F-150 Lightning Spare tire lock C4AC7310-E0ED-40BE-BD47-30ABED25F387

Ford F-150 Lightning Spare tire lock ED8C6661-1FB9-4A9D-8734-72860F8C50F4

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Just re-read my window sticker again.
it says I have this: I see no way to lock mine..? No apparent key hole in seat or storage box. Does Ford mean lockable as in the position or key lockable with key 🔑??

IMG_2615.jpeg
Check out 2 minutes in.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Does anyone know the part number of the spare tire lock? Is it possible to get it keyed correctly?

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Check out 2 minutes in.

Thank you, my bad on this..overlooked feature. Glad I have this feature after all. Both my rear seats, drivers and passenger sides are independently lockable.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Does anyone know the part number of the spare tire lock? Is it possible to get it keyed correctly?
Yes I’m interested in getting this part (keyed locking spare tire cylinder) as well. So either a trip to the dealership or if a way to order part keyed to my truck key cut number would be great. Unbelievable to me that #fordmotorcompany shipped trucks like mine and others and “forgot” to install or at least provide to us the spare tire lock cylinder.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yes I’m interested in getting this part (keyed locking spare tire cylinder) as well. So either a trip to the dealership or if a way to order part keyed to my truck key cut number would be great. Unbelievable to me that @fordmotorcompany shipped trucks like mine and others and “forgot” to install or at least provide to us the spare tire lock cylinder.
Oh, they didn't forget. They just neglected to mention the deletes anywhere (also the frunk cargo net).

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Oh, they didn't forget. They just neglected to mention the deletes anywhere (also the frunk cargo net).
Any luck getting @fordmotorcompany to cough up the forgotten items? I’ve already bought both nets from the amazon bestevmods folks, amazing products btw, not having the nets is a complete joke once you start using them, especially the vertical one.
Spare tire keyed lock no such luck yet….

OP
OP

jedi713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Any luck getting @fordmotorcompany to cough up the forgotten items? I’ve already bought both nets from the amazon bestevmods folks, amazing products btw, not having the nets is a complete joke once you start using them, especially the vertical one.
Spare tire keyed lock no such luck yet….
My dealer provided both. My arguement to them was that it was listed as included in their master documentation. The same documentation they used to removed my partition lockable storage.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My dealer provided both. My arguement to them was that it was listed as included in their master documentation. The same documentation they used to removed my partition lockable storage.
My dealer did not and refused when asked. Don't get me started on what I think of my dealer though...
Sponsored