• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Squeaky Driver’s Seat

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
It's amazing how annoying that noise is in a truck this quiet. My one and only trip to the dealer was to get the "anti-ting" washers installed to get rid of the clicking noise coming from the hubs whenever I came to a stop, or accelerated from a stop. Didn't even notice it until I was driving with the windows down, then I couldn't un-hear it. Never would have noticed it in an ICE truck.
Exactly right... Being super quiet inside the cabin, you will notice any noise. But this squeaky noise is embarrassing especially if I have a guest in the passenger seat. I brought it to the dealer for this issue and you know what they said? Sometimes there are "Inconvenient Characteristics" from the cars that cannot be fixed... I gave up after hearing that (n)

I used to have that clicking noise for a while, but it has disappeared by itself for almost 6 months now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
eRockBoon

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I took mine in for a few CSP items and mentioned it to the service center. Much to my surprise they actually seemed to fix it with a bit of lubrication.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
I think I've finally eliminated the squeak in my driver's seat. Sprayed silicone lube on the pivot point on each side of the seat a couple months ago and so far the squeaking has not returned.
Pull back the back corner of the seat cushion and spray the lube at the joint where the metal tube meets the seat frame. Do this on each side.
In a previous post on this thread I had tried spraying the same area, but from underneath the seat. That would eliminate the squeak for a while but it always came back. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.
FYI this is on a Pro with the manual seats. Not sure if the higher trim levels are similar.

IMG_4913.jpg
I owe you a beer!!
this has been driving me crazy and your lube point fixed it! Right where the silver tube meets the black frame.

thank you so much!
Sponsored