• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Pro with Squeaky Seats

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Hi! I have a 2023 Pro and totally love it. The only real issue I’ve had is these darn squeaky seats. Upon delivery the drivers seat was really bad. I took it in on day two and they said they had to replace the track. That seemed to do it! Awesome!!

until the passengers seat started doing it. It got really bad over time. Took it in. Same story-track needed replacing. Ok. That did it.

of course, the drivers side started doing it. Ithas gotten bad (every turn, every little bump, etc, makes it squeak). Took it in. They said it needed the track replaced again. They did it.

it’s squeaking again.

All of this has happened since January delivery. I’m not a real big guy-170lbs. My wife is 120 and really the only person ever in the passenger seat.

when people are in the car everyone asks what that sound ia. It’s annoying, not vehicle breaking of course. But in a truck that is so great in every other way it’s kind of frustrating they can’t figure it out.

has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Hi! I have a 2023 Pro and totally love it. The only real issue I’ve had is these darn squeaky seats. Upon delivery the drivers seat was really bad. I took it in on day two and they said they had to replace the track. That seemed to do it! Awesome!!

until the passengers seat started doing it. It got really bad over time. Took it in. Same story-track needed replacing. Ok. That did it.

of course, the drivers side started doing it. Ithas gotten bad (every turn, every little bump, etc, makes it squeak). Took it in. They said it needed the track replaced again. They did it.

it’s squeaking again.

All of this has happened since January delivery. I’m not a real big guy-170lbs. My wife is 120 and really the only person ever in the passenger seat.

when people are in the car everyone asks what that sound ia. It’s annoying, not vehicle breaking of course. But in a truck that is so great in every other way it’s kind of frustrating they can’t figure it out.

Yes, I also experienced this, very annoying. The noise comes and goes, but I haven't contacted my dealer yet for this issue.

Knightsfan407

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER Lightning, 12/23 blend date
I took delivery of a 2023 lariat in Feb and I have been dealing with squeaks. It seems like it comes from the door seal, toward the forward part of both front doors. There is a black triangle of plastic and it seems like it comes from there. It drives me absolutely nuts.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
I took delivery of a 2023 lariat in Feb and I have been dealing with squeaks. It seems like it comes from the door seal, toward the forward part of both front doors. There is a black triangle of plastic and it seems like it comes from there. It drives me absolutely nuts.
When I was trying to track down a rattle, I found some info about what I think your issues is on the ICE forums.

That black plastic trim piece should snap right off. You can put some felt on a few particular spots and it stops the noise. I don't have a link, but you should be able to locate it with some quick google-fu.

OP
OP
grantmethepower

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
You have power seats, right? This is definitely coming from the seat, not the door seal. I think we might be dealing with different squeaks

Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Since your initial post, I have tried to get some sounds out of my Pro manual seats, but totally quiet. My adjustment handles are pretty tight to move, but work fine. Perhaps there are some slightly loose connectors on yours?

OP
OP
grantmethepower

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Since your initial post, I have tried to get some sounds out of my Pro manual seats, but totally quiet. My adjustment handles are pretty tight to move, but work fine. Perhaps there are some slightly loose connectors on yours?
Hmm...that's interesting. The adjustment handle on mine has never seemed particularly tight. I guess I just have to make another service appointment. I think the tech thinks it has to be the track because replacing the track "fixed" it for a while and now it just happens to be back again. After the second replacement is also squeaking I just can't imagine that's the real issue. I'll mention the adjustment handle. Thanks!

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Yes, the forward/back handle moves easily up/down until it engages the seat release latch mechanism. It is the seat release mechanism that is very tight, and takes a steady firm pull to release. Once the release is made, the seat slides smoothly.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
No issues on my 2023 Pro seats.

Side note, the heated seats on the 2023 Pro are amazing!

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
My seats only squeak when I drive on dirt roads other wise the car is nice and quite.

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
This has just started on My Pro as well!!!

So annoying considering how quiet the truck is. If you look up F150 XL seat squeak, you find all kinds of forum threads with this issue since it is the same seat! Any luck finding the culprit??

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

it’s squeaking again.

I found it!!!

Lean the seat back and when you pull the cushion in by the joint you will see a silver tube. Lubricate where the silver tube meets the black frame! This Drove Me CRAZY!!

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Pro with Squeaky Seats IMG_2003

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Pro with Squeaky Seats IMG_2004

OP
OP
grantmethepower

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I found it!!!

Lean the seat back and when you pull the cushion in by the joint you will see a silver tube. Lubricate where the silver tube meets the black frame! This Drove Me CRAZY!!

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg
That's the only spot?! NICE!!!! Great find!

I had "fixed" it a while ago but just lubing EVERYWHERE hahaha. It took a lot of time but was effective.

It's slowly coming back and I've been putting off doing the fix again because it's a pain. I'll try just hitting this spot and see if it works for me too. Thanks for sharing!

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's the only spot?! NICE!!!! Great find!

I had "fixed" it a while ago but just lubing EVERYWHERE hahaha. It took a lot of time but was effective.

It's slowly coming back and I've been putting off doing the fix again because it's a pain. I'll try just hitting this spot and see if it works for me too. Thanks for sharing!
It may develop in other spots…but this was the one that was driving me crazy! Such a quiet truck..so it was maddening