• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Squeaky Driver’s Seat

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Over the last several months my driver seat has become extremely squeaky. And now it is so loud that I can no longer stand it. Has anyone else experience this problem with the unheated manually adjustable vinyl seats of the 2022 Pro? How do I get it fixed?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Over the last several months my driver seat has become extremely squeaky. And now it is so loud that I can no longer stand it. Has anyone else experience this problem with the unheated manually adjustable vinyl seats of the 2022 Pro? How do I get it fixed?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I've noticed the seat bottom on my XLT has become loose-ish. I can shake it and see the supports clunk underneath.

Bit of a weird feeling when being on the brakes and slowing while turning and all of a sudden you shift over.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I have a 22' Pro with annoying seat track noise too. When accelerating from a stop, the seat track makes a "pop" or knock noise. I reposition the seat forward and back again, and the noise goes away for a few days, then suddenly starts again. I think it's related to the track locking mechanism. I'm planning to mention it when I take my truck in for its 10k checkup.

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I have the same issue. The local dealership added grease that made it temporarily better, but the squeaking has came back.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same issue. The local dealership added grease that made it temporarily better, but the squeaking has came back.
Hi there, Brendan. This squeaky driver's seat concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I had the same issue a few months ago and found this solution on another forum. The picture is of the back of the driver's seat, left side, at the bottom where the seat back pivots. Spraying some silicone lube in here and working the seat back forward and back a few times fixed my seat squeak, at least temporarily. The squeak returns after a few weeks so I've had to repeat this a few times. I see that Ford has reached out to you, so they might have a better long-term solution.
Just noticed that my arrow isn't very accurate, you need to spray between the two moving parts right at the pivot point.

Ford F-150 Lightning Squeaky Driver’s Seat Seat squeak

OP
OP
eRockBoon

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Message sent

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 22' Pro with annoying seat track noise too. When accelerating from a stop, the seat track makes a "pop" or knock noise. I reposition the seat forward and back again, and the noise goes away for a few days, then suddenly starts again. I think it's related to the track locking mechanism. I'm planning to mention it when I take my truck in for its 10k checkup.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I think I've finally eliminated the squeak in my driver's seat. Sprayed silicone lube on the pivot point on each side of the seat a couple months ago and so far the squeaking has not returned.
Pull back the back corner of the seat cushion and spray the lube at the joint where the metal tube meets the seat frame. Do this on each side.
In a previous post on this thread I had tried spraying the same area, but from underneath the seat. That would eliminate the squeak for a while but it always came back. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.
FYI this is on a Pro with the manual seats. Not sure if the higher trim levels are similar.

Ford F-150 Lightning Squeaky Driver’s Seat IMG_4913

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I think I've finally eliminated the squeak in my driver's seat. Sprayed silicone lube on the pivot point on each side of the seat a couple months ago and so far the squeaking has not returned.
Pull back the back corner of the seat cushion and spray the lube at the joint where the metal tube meets the seat frame. Do this on each side.
In a previous post on this thread I had tried spraying the same area, but from underneath the seat. That would eliminate the squeak for a while but it always came back. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.
FYI this is on a Pro with the manual seats. Not sure if the higher trim levels are similar.

IMG_4913.jpg
Thanks, msadan. My Pro is squeaking like crazy and I can't stand it anymore. I will spray the areas you pointed out. Hope it will go away for a long time.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I also have a Pro with a squeaky drivers seat.

😞

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
It's amazing how annoying that noise is in a truck this quiet. My one and only trip to the dealer was to get the "anti-ting" washers installed to get rid of the clicking noise coming from the hubs whenever I came to a stop, or accelerated from a stop. Didn't even notice it until I was driving with the windows down, then I couldn't un-hear it. Never would have noticed it in an ICE truck.
Sponsored