• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Swing out fender box

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I saw this swing out box and thought it would be a great addition to store hitch, bungee cords, ropes, cargo straps for easy access to bed stuff.

It was easy to install, about 20 minutes and for the price seems like a winner. The removal of taillight wasn't hard, but the forward bracket was not perfect to align the screw holes. This was a bit of bending and opening up a hole with a drill bit. The reviews noted this was an issue so I expected it.

VEVOR Truck Bed Storage Box, Swing Case Fits Ford F-150 2015-2021, Passenger Side, Lockable Wheel Well Tool Box with Password Padlock, Waterproof and Durable ABS Tool Box https://a.co/d/8ZcMQVn

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box 20240130_104844

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box 20240130_104903

These seem to be exact copies of Undercover brand swing cases. I got this for $119 and a $20 coupon off so for $99 was a great deal.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: dww

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I have my original Swingbox from old truck. Fit is not perfect and it will not stay latched. You have any problem with your latch mechanism?

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
No the latch mechanism on the bracket is adjustable up and down to line up with the rod.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
had one on my ;;;;;2012 Avalanche and loved it. It was an option on my Lariat and added it without even thinking about it. Love it!

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I want to know about that bed mat. Can you share details on where you got it? I have the rubber one from Ford, but I like yours with the high sides.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So a few things when I installed fast yesterday bugged me. So I watched the Undercover swing case install and realized I could keep the box link brackets and install the tie downs behind the bracket. I redid it this way. The only issue is the corner tie down hits the box when closing. I simply reversed it toward the bed, not as much room to hook on but still available to tie a rope or bungee cord if needed. I think the actual box can be adjusted out by removing the bracket and shifting it one screw hole mount, but honestly I'm fine with this for now.

My liner is Weathertec Impact liner and I did pick it specifically to have the higher sides, the material is also grippy and doesn't let stuff slide around. It has rubber suction cups on the bed side that stick it down and give the nice impact quality. I've had bed liners, mats, rugs and spray on in my other trucks, this is perfect for my use case.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2023/f-150-lightning/impactliner/

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box 20240131_092250

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box 20240131_092458

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Thanks for the wright up! It got me off the fence. I added the driver’s last week and passenger this week. I used a C clamp to bend the bracket so the holes lined up. I also added some additional tie down points to make up for losing the boxlink attachment. I reversed the hinges so the top opens out when accessing from the side. I doubt I’ll ever swing them unless I need to remove them. Removing the tail light was definitely the most nerve
wracking after recently finding out how much they cost.

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box IMG_3920

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box IMG_3915

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box IMG_3913

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box IMG_3907

Ford F-150 Lightning Swing out fender box IMG_3901

Reactions: JRT
OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
That is great, I wish I thought if using a c-clamp!
Sponsored