• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Temperature gauges dummy or real

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Another great opportunity to give the driver the option to display two important pieces of data (actual temperature values) near the gauges.
Sponsored

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if the temperature gauges for the battery and motor are really or just fancy "dummy" lights? As it is getting colder out, I would have expected them to read lower (if still in the normal range), but they just stay fixed dead center.

If they are dummy lights, I am disappointed. I was hoping to be able to keep an eye on temps.
I believe they are real, and that ford has just done a really good job regulating their temperatures. But I would love to see some temperature readings instead of just bars, which are just one step above idiot lights.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I believe they are real, and that ford has just done a really good job regulating their temperatures. But I would love to see some temperature readings instead of just bars, which are just one step above idiot lights.
How do you explain the gauges always starting at dead center each time you start and drive a cold truck?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I can get actual values using an OBD II Bluetooth dongle and the Car Scanner app. Right now, my battery temp gauge on the dash says half. These temperature values are quite close to ambient.

11C682C0-23A8-4515-BE0D-7AEA8D574479.png
I’m seeing similar data on my CarScanner setup. Have you been able to ID/monitor the amperage on both of the 40A onboard chargers? I’ve only been able to find one (not sure which) of them…….

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
What are the ideal battery and motor coolant temperatures? Just 60F and that is the bars staying in the middle? What are the low and high ends of the bars in F/C?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
What are the ideal battery and motor coolant temperatures? Just 60F and that is the bars staying in the middle? What are the low and high ends of the bars in F/C?
IWould they be documented in Service Manuals maybe? If so maybe someone with access could share. Otherwise I'm not sure we know what the operating temps are supposed to be.

I have Carscanner and I just bought a Wifi OBDII reader. I haven't used it much because the wifi to my phone interferes with Carplay Wifi. Even trying to get Carplay to operate over the wired connection there seem to be artifacts left behind that are affecting my OBDII connectivity
Sponsored