• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would you replace your CCS port with the Tesla port?

• Total voters

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
No -The Lighting can be unplugged at any time from L1 or L2, and with DC fast charging, you just have to push the unlock button. No key needed.
You are correct.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
we are one OTA update away from the fake charging port on the other side of Lightning to get real for Supercharging ;)

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
No. Musk has turned into a stain on society and does things for himself. It’s a shame he’s turned into such a narcissist.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
While I would like to have a smaller plug that does not require closing two doors, I have not seen stability in decision making to go with a proprietary network. I don't think IRA funds should go to it either, regardless of a claim of "open".

If Ford would have made the DC portion of the plug on the FCSP removable/optional (with HIS), I would be happy with the CCS port on the truck.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER; 2013 Fiesta
Counterpoint. The standard 110V connector/plug in the US is horrible and we have been stuck with that for over 100 years.
Personally, I'd say every standard NEMA connector is horrible, but there are far more power outlets in the US than there are EV connectors. There's way more scope for a change to occur in the coming years.

No. Musk has turned into a stain on society and does things for himself. It’s a shame he’s turned into such a narcissist.
He's been one for at least his entire adult life.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Proclaiming they are the NACS is pure hubris. This is like Apple telling the EU to replace USB-C with Lightning because so many people already have iPhones. They had ample time to conform to the CCS standard, only now that they're incentivized to open up their superchargers in NA do they care to make it "open-source". Nah, I'm good.
I agree...but...sometimes Tesla has the better idea and they have a head start advantage in superchargers, plus...

Tesla is planning to upgrade their supercharger network to 1MW fast charging and has a version of their NACS that will handle 1MW charging (V4 )

https://www.torquenews.com/11826/te...ty-3x-current-density-will-be-used-cybertruck

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tes...ng-technology-for-semi-and-cybertruck-in-2023

So if fast charging and long distance trips are your need, then maybe the Tesla Cybertruck makes more sense?
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN