• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm not upset about getting the Lariat but I definitely would've got the Pro if I had the chance. MSRP around $45k plus $7500 fed tax credit AND a $2500 MA state tax credit (only on <$50k vehicles) makes it an insane deal for people living in MA (or any other state with a state EV tax credit).
NY has a credit, but only $500 for anything over $40k MSRP (include destination charge), so all of the Lightning trims get the same.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I'm not upset about getting the Lariat but I definitely would've got the Pro if I had the chance. MSRP around $45k plus $7500 fed tax credit AND a $2500 MA state tax credit (only on <$50k vehicles) makes it an insane deal for people living in MA (or any other state with a state EV tax credit).
Same here.
Originally wanted the Pro as a daily commute vehicle but when my invite came in last month, I only had a choice between Lariat and Platinum.

Begrudgingly chose the Lariat - hoping my wife won't blow her top (she doesn't know yet)....

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The XLT seems to be the forgotten trim in all of the coverage to date. There's either been a focus on the value of the Pro or how impressive the Lariat/Platinum is. I'm starting to feel like the middle child, there's little info coming out on my trim!

Arthur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT, Mach-E
same here. patiently waiting for my XLT SR order (6/13 production week)

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Note on the Lariat payload - I wonder if this is one of the pre-production trucks because that payload shown was lower than a Platinum payload I've seen which shouldn't be the case. Again, wonder if that payload sticker was done up before they increased the payload for customers recently.

The AT tires are really doing that? Dang. Glad I didn't option for those. I do see the 8550 payload info on my window sticker so guess I'll be good to go to get into the 1600's on payload. Let's hope!

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Note on the Lariat payload - I wonder if this is one of the pre-production trucks because that payload shown was lower than a Platinum payload I've seen which shouldn't be the case. Again, wonder if that payload sticker was done up before they increased the payload for customers recently.
Pretty sure it is just because this one has the A/T tires which drops the GVWR by 150lbs.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
In hindsight, had the
The XLT seems to be the forgotten trim in all of the coverage to date. There's either been a focus on the value of the Pro or how impressive the Lariat/Platinum is. I'm starting to feel like the middle child, there's little info coming out on my trim!
I liked everything about the XLT but the cloth seats. I would have preferred a XLT vinyl option for less, and the step up to the Lariat was painful, albeit easier knowing it came with partial leather.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
In hindsight, had the

I liked everything about the XLT but the cloth seats. I would have preferred a XLT vinyl option for less, and the step up to the Lariat was painful, albeit easier knowing it came with partial leather.
Funny, I would have preferred the cloth seats of the XLT in a Pro trim if that upgrade was possible.

My Lariat order this summer scares me with the hot black leather burning my a$$....
I still have a link to order factory Ford cloth seats and replace the leather...

Maybe the ventilated leather seats may save the day ?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Nice video to see some more pro exposure! One thing I have noticed is the white front exterior lighting constantly flickering. The bar and the outside of the headlights. Is that on purpose? Reminds me of crappy fluorescent lights flickering lol.

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
Nice video to see some more pro exposure! One thing I have noticed is the white front exterior lighting constantly flickering. The bar and the outside of the headlights. Is that on purpose? Reminds me of crappy fluorescent lights flickering lol.
camera effect

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Funny, I would have preferred the cloth seats of the XLT in a Pro trim if that upgrade was possible.

My Lariat order this summer scares me with the hot black leather burning my a$$....
I still have a link to order factory Ford cloth seats and replace the leather...

Maybe the ventilated leather seats may save the day ?
My choice (if I had one) was either I have the Pro and use in on the farm (cloth would be destroyed), or the Lariat and keep it clean (trips to the city, coast with the dogs, and occasional bed use). Heat might be a problem a few weeks a year in Oregon, but ventilated seats should help.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
LEDs flicker thousands of times a second to create varying levels of brightness. The effect becomes visible in video footage.
Sponsored