• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN?

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Hi guys, I got a hold of a used light bar and want to get it working on my pro. Install is easy enough but I can't get it to turn on. There was a previous thread on this topic but it went dark with no resolution a few months back. I have been playing with certain forscan values in the LDCMA, LDCMB, BCM, and HCM by comparing values on an xlt vs a pro (I am not a forscan expert by any means) but have been unsuccessful so far. I am a bit stuck on what to try next. Anyone looked into this or have any ideas how to turn this thing on? It may end up not being possible but figured it was worth a try. Let me know what you think.

I am holding off on cutting my grille until I can verify that it is possible.

Previous thread PRO Light Bar Thread

This video shows what appears to be a custom built pro and they managed to add the light bar Raptor Lightning
Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Im actually surprised you want to go through this much work on this. I honestly think one of the best parts of the Pro is NOT having the extra white plastic across the front! To each their own though! Good luck.

OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
I like it both ways. To be honest though I have had quite a few people asking me to try to figure it out on my YouTube channel. Thought it would make a nice little how to video for the community. The physical act of installing it is quite easy. Can take it on or off in about 5 minutes. Just need to figure out the software. Once/if that is done this will be a super easy install for anyone interested.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just load an XLT EG 311A AB onto your BCM. IF it works, it can't be that hard to figure out the corresponding differences. If you look at:
Livnitup's FORScan - 2021-23 F150

You can see a mod to brighten up your light bar, what does your BCM config have for those values?

OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Just load an XLT EG 311A AB onto your BCM. IF it works, it can't be that hard to figure out the corresponding differences. If you look at:
Livnitup's FORScan - 2021-23 F150

You can see a mod to brighten up your light bar, what does your BCM config have for those values?
Thanks for the reply ZSC100. My BCM is updated with the XLT EG 312A after doing the passive entry install. I tried every value on Livinitups's excel file related to the lighting system but no luck so far. I was using the vin from an XLT 311A for my reference values. I'll try pulling up an XLT 312A and see if that makes any difference.

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Shouldn't make a difference for this as every XLT out there has a light bar. Was the plug and wiring there and populated correctly for it to plug in? If so, post some pics and I'll cross check mine, I've been having an issue with my light bar half off, so I need to check all my plugs anyway.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN? 1695680322663

OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Shouldn't make a difference for this as every XLT out there has a light bar. Was the plug and wiring there and populated correctly for it to plug in? If so, post some pics and I'll cross check mine, I've been having an issue with my light bar half off, so I need to check all my plugs anyway.
1695680322663.png
The harness is there but it’s plugged into a blank plug. I believe the wiring is all there but I’ll pull it off and check it this evening.
This is the only photo I have for now
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN? IMG_3640

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The harness is there but it’s plugged into a blank plug. I believe the wiring is all there but I’ll pull it off and check it this evening.
This is the only photo I have for now
IMG_3640.jpeg
I hope you're not done physically installing it because those gaps look horrible.

OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
I hope you're not done physically installing it because those gaps look horrible.
haha definitely not. Just put it there temporarily while I tested forscan to see if I could get it lit up

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Great thread, super curious to see if this can be done. Would love to do it on my Pro. Looks like the code hasn’t been cracked yet?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I can help with some clarity (and maybe help steer you a little).

It won't work just by modifying Forscan.

It needs a different wiring harness, specifically the "Engine Harness". Unfortunately, I don't have the part number. I sold my lightbar once I heard, from a Ford employee, that it was significantly more involved than popping on the bar and hooking up Forscan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist

It needs a different wiring harness, specifically the "Engine Harness". Unfortunately, I don't have the part number. I sold my lightbar once I heard, from a Ford employee, that it was significantly more involved than popping on the bar and hooking up Forscan.
Great info. Thank Benny.

Lectruk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on pro
I am also interested in trying this mod. Could the light bar just be hardwired to a 12v source similar to how people do the lighted front emblem? Would be nice to know what harness would need changed to make forscan work.

shoopg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro

Hmm. I'm not buying the harness theory. Spent a good bit of time in the parts catalog today with a handful of VINs to compare. My Pro w/ Onboard Scales & 9.2kw Pro Power uses the same 12A581 "engine harness" as a Platinum.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN? 1702520814538

In this diagram, there are only two harnesses between the light bar and the headlamps. Harness 1 is the C1004 to C102 connector, or harness 14G231. Harness 2 is from C102 to C1510/C1509 and is the 12A581 "engine harness."

I pulled the plugs to the headlamps on my Pro, and all of the expected pins are populated and I have the plug behind the grille for the lightbar. My multimeter battery is dead tonight otherwise I would still be out there probing pins, but I fully suspect that the wiring (atleast for Pros with 9.2kw and Onboard Scales as that's what I have to compare against) is fully there.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN? 1702521079236

Here's what I tried tonight:

Comparing the asbuilt files of my Pro against a Platinum, there are only 3 differences in each of the LDCMs configuration. I tried changing these values in my LDCMs but the light bar still did not light up. According to the asbuilt files, both my Pro and a Platinum should use the same LDCM part number and calibration.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN? 1702521455393

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hmm. I'm not buying the harness theory. Spent a good bit of time in the parts catalog today with a handful of VINs to compare. My Pro w/ Onboard Scales & 9.2kw Pro Power uses the same 12A581 "engine harness" as a Platinum.

1702520814538.png

In this diagram, there are only two harnesses between the light bar and the headlamps. Harness 1 is the C1004 to C102 connector, or harness 14G231. Harness 2 is from C102 to C1510/C1509 and is the 12A581 "engine harness."

I pulled the plugs to the headlamps on my Pro, and all of the expected pins are populated and I have the plug behind the grille for the lightbar. My multimeter battery is dead tonight otherwise I would still be out there probing pins, but I fully suspect that the wiring (atleast for Pros with 9.2kw and Onboard Scales as that's what I have to compare against) is fully there.

1702521079236.png

Here's what I tried tonight:

Comparing the asbuilt files of my Pro against a Platinum, there are only 3 differences in each of the LDCMs configuration. I tried changing these values in my LDCMs but the light bar still did not light up. According to the asbuilt files, both my Pro and a Platinum should use the same LDCM part number and calibration.

1702521455393.png
Good luck and I hope you prove what I was told wrong. I did get my information from a very reliable source, I stopped digging into the solution once I heard that information.

Edit: I'm curious what you discover with the voltmeter.
Sponsored

Last edited: