• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tower FCU - Experiences? Good/Bad?

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Hello All!

I know quite a few people have mentioned Tower FCU for refinancing their Lightning. Currently 2.99 for 60 months.

Has anyone here actually gone through the process? How are they to deal with? Reviews online seem less than positive.

Appreciate it!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bump!

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
A little early for a bump, no?

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’be gotten preliminary approval for 2.49 @ 36 months. The process has been super slow for me to the point where I’m going to have to do refinancing later after I take delivery.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’be gotten preliminary approval for 2.49 @ 36 months. The process has been super slow for me to the point where I’m going to have to do refinancing later after I take delivery.
That’s what I’ve heard. Super slow and then hard to get a hold of anybody to answer questions when you have a problem.
I used a local credit union at 3.9, but was looking to refinance since they don’t require any payment for the first 3 months!
Thanks for your experiences so far.

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Approved through them for my lightning, and am picking it up next weekend. So far it's been okay, communication definitely isn't very good but am hopeful there won't be any hiccups next weekend.

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Approved through them for my lightning, and am picking it up next weekend. So far it's been okay, communication definitely isn't very good but am hopeful there won't be any hiccups next weekend.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
A fixed rate from TFCU may be acceptable but I have them for a different loan product and am disappointed at their indifference to member concerns - because of this I could never consider them for another loan product. Instead of acting like a credit union they are acting more like a credit card company.

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A fixed rate from TFCU may be acceptable but I have them for a different loan product and am disappointed at their indifference to member concerns - because of this I could never consider them for another loan product. Instead of acting like a credit union they are acting more like a credit card company.
Good to know from someone who has actually dealt with them. Thank you!

Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hello All!

I know quite a few people have mentioned Tower FCU for refinancing their Lightning. Currently 2.99 for 60 months.

Has anyone here actually gone through the process? How are they to deal with? Reviews online seem less than positive.

Appreciate it!!
I used Tower to get my loan for the Lightning when back in September when I took delivery. While they were a bit slow, overall I was pleased. I hadn't taken delivery of the truck yet but they accepted the invoice and documentation I had, sent me a check for the full amount (made out to Apple Ford) and the process was complete. I showed up to take delivery with check in hand, piece of cake. I did initially find the payment process to be cumbersome but I found one of their sites that allowed me to set up auto-pay so now it doesn't faze me.

Overall, I would recommend Tower FCU and I do recommend them to everyone I know since their fixed rate seems to be about the lowest in my area.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Do they have some promo for EVs? Right now their website says as low as 5.75% for new purchases

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Communication has been nearly non-existent. Still haven't gotten any word about a check being issued, so not super hopeful.
Sponsored