• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to NorCal

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
SO it looks like the 3 of you who had your request denied, were LOADED at LV onto a truck. So we would expect you guys tomorrow? Makes me lose hope for tomorrow personally as it appears mine is still pending.

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
SO it looks like the 3 of you who had your request denied, were LOADED at LV onto a truck. So we would expect you guys tomorrow? Makes me lose hope for tomorrow personally as it appears mine is still pending.
I'm not sure if mine was officially denied. I did have to push activate again but there was no denial message like last time when it was loaded on the train. If timing out is a thing, that may have happened but I'm being optimistic and saying it got loaded. 🤞

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
So we would expect you guys tomorrow?

Mine was denied yesterday at 11am.

Unless they are taking back roads all the way up, I'm guessing it could have been false alarm.

With the way things are going, probably just moved it to the back of the parking lot as my dealer seemed to have gotten like 6 over the past week.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I officially cannot buy the Truck until Wednesday of next week. Stupid me 5 months ago, I should have put my Wife's on name the Ioniq 5 CVRP application. Now I need her name on the purchase paperwork to claim one for the Lightning.

If it comes before then, maybe my dealer will let me take it for an extended test drive until I can buy it... Doubt it, but I have seen others get a chance.

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
Well, bummer I have to leave town tomorrow and will be gone for a few weeks. If my truck doesn't show up today it might as well not show up for weeks.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Well, bummer I have to leave town tomorrow and will be gone for a few weeks. If my truck doesn't show up today it might as well not show up for weeks.

Apparently Ford is allowing online purchases... Or, at least the start of it online as of Yesterday... I think the dealer needs to do some setup to get it working (so they may not have it now).

If my truck comes in maybe I can actually get it via online ordering and sign my wife's name virtually.

If you have a locked in interest rate that could expire, I would check with your dealer and see if maybe you can start the process online. But, not sure how third party financing would work in that scenario, below where the options someone had:

* Ford Credit - Had a choice between Ford financing and Ford Options. It showed the “preapproval letter” saying I was approved for $105,000 or thereabouts. Rate was terrible at 4.9% for 72 months but it did look like you can do a full credit application with this option with no input from the dealer. I did not click through the Ford Options option

* Cash - Pretty straightforward. It just says to bring it to the dealer. I wish it was like Tesla and I could just straight up enter my ACH details and take the money out directly. However I understand that’s not practical with a dealership model.

* Third Party financing - this option takes you to a different screen where you can put your term period, your interest rate and it will spit out what your monthly payment is and that will be shown at checkout.

Last edited:

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
I spoke with my Dealer today and looking at my estimated dates, they expect my truck any day. He said they DO get weekend deliveries so they can get it to me same day. He said based on the timing, he would expect it to arrive...worst case by Monday 8/8 or Tuesday 8/9.

He also said the delivery company doesn't tell them when it leaves Vegas so it's literally as much of a surprise to them, as us.

Nothing new but it's somehow reassuring.

Also, just an observation. The day my truck arrived in LV, (7/21) the estimated delivery on the (UP) tracking showed 8/8 as the delivery date. That also is the date my ford app shows as the arrival. So sure would make a heck of a lot of sense for it to arrive ya know... Monday 8/8

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
FOOORRRDD!
They let us down again

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting, Porsche Carrera T, F150, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
Saturday is the day. I can feel it..... I am only saying this because my activation request was denied yesterday and I figure that it if it were actually loaded on a transport truck, it would not get to the dealership the next day, but the day after. We will see.
Sponsored