• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Ive been waiting a week to get verified to ask this one question. Is your Lightning an ER with Max Tow? 17's are far easier to find than 18's and this is exactly the wheel an tire I want to run.
Yes. My truck is the ER with max trailer to package so big brakes and yes. They fit. If
You’re looking at methods other models tho you have to hit them up. They confirmed my wheels would fit but other models in 17” would
Not. 🤙🏼
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The
How hard is the leveling kit to install? Is this newbie friendly or does it require an experienced DIY mechanic? Also what special tools did you need?
The leveling kit is very straightforward. Only basic tool necessary. I used no special tools for the install. Took about and hour per side. Tip: before you listen the lower control arm bolts, get some whiteout or other marking instrument and mark the exact location of the bolts before removing them. That will make
It very easy to get your camber and toe close to stock and safe to drive to an alignment shop

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Wonder how the lift kit would wear on suspension with it being a heavier truck to begin with. Looks great!

Did you paint the Lariat grille or swap out with a Platinum? If painted, was it done by a body shop?

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wonder how the lift kit would wear on suspension with it being a heavier truck to begin with. Looks great!

Did you paint the Lariat grille or swap out with a Platinum? If painted, was it done by a body shop?
I think with the leveling spacers I got, it’s minimal as they designed these spacers with a distinct offset for proper geometry. I painted and cleared my grille myself. The OEM platinum is like $2k or something crazy

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
Yes. My truck is the ER with max trailer to package so big brakes and yes. They fit. If
You’re looking at methods other models tho you have to hit them up. They confirmed my wheels would fit but other models in 17” would
Not. 🤙🏼
Oh so I could just email them for what will fit an ER with Max tow! Nice. Your truck is perfect.

Sponsored

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
You have to choose wisely but 17” wheels will for with max tow package! Now she’s perfect!!

Specs:

2.3” leveling kit from Stage3Motorsports
Method MR703 17x8.5 +0 offset
BFgoodrich AT Ko2 285/75R17
No rubbing whatsoever
Bonus: it still breaks all tires loose on acceleration :)
Very nice! i’m shopping new wheels & tires right now, looking at 17” wheels from anthem off road wrapped in some nitto recon grapplers, the tires I’m looking at, diameter spec shows 33.86” would these clear without rubbing and cutting anything?

Typoman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Pardon my ignorance, but you could have gone with 22 in and I was wondering why you didn't was the price of the tires considerable?

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very nice! i’m shopping new wheels & tires right now, looking at 17” wheels from anthem off road wrapped in some nitto recon grapplers, the tires I’m looking at, diameter spec shows 33.86” would these clear without rubbing and cutting anything?
I can confirm no rubbing with the leveling kit and any negative offset up to zero offset. If you start getting into the positives you may need to trim🤙🏼

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pardon my ignorance, but you could have gone with 22 in and I was wondering why you didn't was the price of the tires considerable?
I’m assuming your mean 22” wheels? For me it’s simply preference. I prefer more tire than wheel for both looks and functionality. I found that tire prices varied a lot depending on brand obviously but also the popularity of the tire size. More popular sizes are made en mass whereas less used sizes tend to cost more due to economies of scale is my guess

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the wheels i’m looking at are 17x9 -12mm offset. to me this is meaning that the offset will push the wheel away from the truck, but would that cause more potential to rub depending on tire size? when you are turning, how close do you get with the 285/70R17 tires? they measure in at 33.8 (diameter). do you think there is room to run 35” diameter tires?

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the wheels i’m looking at are 17x9 -12mm offset. to me this is meaning that the offset will push the wheel away from the truck, but would that cause more potential to rub depending on tire size? when you are turning, how close do you get with the 285/70R17 tires? they measure in at 33.8 (diameter). do you think there is room to run 35” diameter tires?
Stock wheels are -44 I believe. - means closer to the center line of the truck or tucked into the wheel well. +is away from the a centerline or sticking outside the fender. So a -12 will stick out a little more than the stock wheels. 33.8 shouldn’t rub at all. A member did fit 35s on his leveled Lightning however he was using raptor take offs which have a large -38 or so offset so no rub. Your -12 with 35s may need some minor plastic trimming but I don’t know for sure

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pretty sure stock is positive +44 offset, so going to -12 would be a difference of 56mm pushing the wheel away from / out of the wheel well

I might go with tires that are under 34” diameter, I think they would be good on a -12mm offset (fingers crossed)

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pretty sure stock is positive +44 offset, so going to -12 would be a difference of 56mm pushing the wheel away from / out of the wheel well

I might go with tires that are under 34” diameter, I think they would be good on a -12mm offset (fingers crossed)
Shit
You’re absolutely right. I had it backwards. I’m a terrible source of info. 🤣

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lmao, no worries thought it might've been a typo, anyways your truck came out awesome! the wheel and tire setup is very nice. what did the method wheels cost?
Sponsored