• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Truck Missing Boxlink Key

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Purchased back in November and my truck came with the boxlink cleats installed. However, I dont have the key. Is that factory or dealer installed?
Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Same situation here; shrink wrapped under the rear seat. Though getting them installed proved a struggle as they were extremely tight and needed some filing to slide into the receivers.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
My dealer gave me the boxlink key but key for the spare tire lock. I found the spare tire lock key in the bottom of the wireless charging bin while cleaning it a year after purchase. My dealer had already given me a replacement by then but I guess my point is look around, it might be in your truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jetfixr1

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer gave me the boxlink key but key for the spare tire lock. I found the spare tire lock key in the bottom of the wireless charging bin while cleaning it a year after purchase. My dealer had already given me a replacement by then but I guess my point is look around, it might be in your truck.
Great. I just checked. I have the spare key for the tire lock. Just… no tire lock. SMH. How does this even happen?

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Isn’t the tire lock keyed to the main truck key? The spare key is probably your box link key.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Anyone else’s lightning like this?
A lot of Lightnings are like that. They stopped putting spare tire locks on at some point last year.

Isn’t the tire lock keyed to the main truck key? The spare key is probably your box link key.
The tire lock is the same key that's in the FOB but if you are using PaaK you wouldn't have the FOB. The Boxlink key is a regular old timey style key.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jetfixr1

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot of Lightnings are like that. They stopped putting spare tire locks on at some point last year.

The tire lock is the same key that's in the FOB but if you are using PaaK you wouldn't have the FOB. The Boxlink key is a regular old timey style key.
Thank you!

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Yeah, my 2023 Lariat ER does not have the spare tire lock. I took delivery December 30, 2022, so over a year ago. It was one of the early deletes for parts shortages. I believe the started putting the spare tire lock back in about the same time the heated steering wheel came back. At the time, and for a month or two after delivery, I couldn't order the lock as it was indefinitely backordered. I know it's available now, but I keep forgetting. I guess I'll look into it since this thread has reminded me.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah, my 2023 Lariat ER does not have the spare tire lock. I took delivery December 30, 2022, so over a year ago. It was one of the early deletes for parts shortages. I believe the started putting the spare tire lock back in about the same time the heated steering wheel came back. At the time, and for a month or two after delivery, I couldn't order the lock as it was indefinitely backordered. I know it's available now, but I keep forgetting. I guess I'll look into it since this thread has reminded me.
I don't think they've put the spare tire lock back in. I picked up my Lightning end of November '23 and when I asked the dealer about the missing spare tire lock they indicated it was no longer offered as part of purchase/delivery but they would be happy to sell me one.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Anyone else’s lightning like this?

C3DB347D-99E4-4ADF-95E7-F37AAE18A262.jpeg
Yep, I asked dealer about it as it was on my build sheet as an included feature. Thanks for reminding me to get back to them. I’ve been told it was being removed as an included feature though. Every lightning I’ve seen so far looks like that the last year including mine.
Sponsored