• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

<TSB> Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022

OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Pulling/reinserting fuse 32 is the only way I have been able to resolve this issue. I tried sync reset multiple times without success. Truck is currently in this nonworking state and I am going to leave it that way as I have a service appointment tomorrow at the dealership. I will update the thread with the outcome of the appointment.
Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Pulling/reinserting fuse 32 is the only way I have been able to resolve this issue. I tried sync reset multiple times without success. Truck is currently in this nonworking state and I am going to leave it that way as I have a service appointment tomorrow at the dealership. I will update the thread with the outcome of the appointment.
Iā€™m curious how long this TSB takes. I need to find time to drop mine off at the dealer, but am curious if it can be done in 1 day.

OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Iā€™m curious how long this TSB takes. I need to find time to drop mine off at the dealer, but am curious if it can be done in 1 day.
I don't think it should take more than an hour to complete. However, even with set appointments I've heard it doesn't mean they are going to work on it then. I'd call and confirm before dropping off your truck that they are going to get to it that day. Below is the service time information from the TSB.

Labor Times

DescriptionOperation No.Time
2023 F-150 Lightning: Retrieve DTCs And Update The Appropriate Modules Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)
MT232050​
Acrtual Time​
Repair/Claim Coding

Causal Part:14F546
Condition Code:04

Service Procedure

NOTE: The time required to complete this procedure varies depending on several factors including the number of module software updates required, available internet bandwidth, universal serial bus (USB) flash drive variability, and the potential that controller area network (CAN) flashing (software update via the data link connector [DLC] with Ford Diagnosis and Repair System [FDRS]) may be required. Connect to the internet with an ethernet cable and use a USB 3.0 capable flash drive when performing software updates.

Last edited:

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
How long it takes and how long your dealer takes are two VERY different things
yep, thatā€™s what Iā€™m paranoid and need to figure that out before I take it in.
Itā€™s right now just an annoyance so I can go for awhile and hopefully some of you will have some intel on how the TSB went and how long itā€™s taking to get done.

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I didn't see any DTCs in my GWM or TCU modules this weekend but there was a TCU, APIM, and OBCC update that I applied with FDRS. I too have struggled with Fordpass being inoperative needing me to disconnect the battery.

I was also able to get updated to 4.1.3 from 4.1.1, after Ford told me my 4.1.2 update failed many times and I would need to take it in to a dealer.

I'm hoping the TCU update fixes both the Fordpass and OTA issue for me.

Last edited:

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
So i did the battery disconnect for the 5th time yesterday and this morning mine finally updated to 4.1.2.1. However after seeing this TSB last week i called my dealer and was less than thrilled with their response of "call ford customer service". Excuse me but i am having an issue with a $87,000 truck that you sold me and your best option is to just call the 1-800 number? I was overall happy with them but now I may be looking for a different service option (they are out of my way anyways).

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
So my app is now connecting with the truck again, and I didn't do any sort of reset. Does that mean I got the OTA update?
Hard to know. Supposedly it is possible to be fixed OTA. Let us know if it drops offline again.

OP
OP
MidniteMayor

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Update: I dropped the truck today at the dealership. Service Rep: "oh they have a TSB for this now?" as I hand over the printout of the TSB details he asks if he can keep it.

Several hours later I get a text that "FordPass is currently down nationwide" and that they can't continue until it is back up. I made a quick call to FordPass support to debunk that excuse and confirmed FordPass was not have any outage. I asked if they were able to confirm DTCs related to the TSB and he responded, "yes and no". He said they performed the update but couldn't tell if the update fixed it or not. After suggesting they get the modem back up and running first, he replied that he didn't think the update took and asked to keep the truck to try again tomorrow...

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I held down the power button (the volume dial) on the dashboard, and held down the Skip Right on the dashboard (not the steering wheel) and after about 10 seconds it rebooted. First it went blank and then the logo started animating, and now FordPass is working again.

For the record, mine is the 12 inch screen.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
page 516 for 12" screen:
REBOOTING THE CENTER DISPLAY You can reboot the center display using the controls on the steering wheel. 1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek forward and audio system power button for 10 seconds
I held down the power button (the volume dial) on the dashboard, and held down the Skip Right on the dashboard (not the steering wheel) and after about 10 seconds it rebooted. First it went blank and then the logo started animating, and now FordPass is working again.
Funny, manual says use steering wheel control buttons, yet IOTD.com found the center panel audio system buttons worked.
Did anyone with a 12" center screen use the steering far left "Volume down" and the far right "Seek Forward", like the 15" center screen instructions, and get a reset?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

You also have a 2022 right? I thought these connectivity problems were only with the 2023?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
You also have a 2022 right? I thought these connectivity problems were only with the 2023?
Definitely a 22, and I definitely lost connection to FordPass until I did the reset.

Meanwhile... the next morning I got the "We need your help installing an update" in the App, which I haven't seen in weeks, which is probably when FordPass stopped working.
Sponsored