• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Took 3 weeks for my dealer to get the replacement taillight. Dropped it off yesterday morning and it was done by 3pm. Aside from having to wait so long for the part, the actual service portion went well. They offered a Bronco for a loaner but since I had family in town I didn't need it. My brother got angry and said I should have taken it anyway so he could drive it! 😆
The initial visit to get repairs done was on 11/9 am appointment, at that point they didn't have light bars in hand, none seem to have anything advanced shipped unless you have a very proactive SM who trusts the VIN and doesn't require preliminary inspection.

In the 11/9 visit, they addressed the BECM programming & wiper motor, then ordered the dash mat & tailgate light bar.

I got a call from the SM on 12/5 to say the parts arrived, and next available install date could be 12/26 if I wanted it, I took it, dropping off Tuesday morning after Christmas.

My dealer sucks. I called them on Nov. 30 to tell them Ford said that tail light could be ordered (actually the e-mail said "my parts were in," which was misleading). They ordered on Nov. 30. I called today to ask if they had a lead time on when my part was in. They told me it came in at the very beginning of the year, but they had not called me. On the good side, they have an appointment Monday morning, and I will drop it off for the taillight, the waterproof mat and the software update.

And, the creaking around the A pillar, which is back with a vengeance.
Sponsored

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
So I had the lightbar recall completed today and the tech ruined the painted bed piece above the lightbar. He obviously threw the piece on the ground or something like that. The recall procedure shows that the piece is removed to replace the light. They are deep scratches that you can feel with your fingernail. Looks a lot worse in person. The service manager wasn't in but he will be looking at it tomorrow. I'm fairly confident they will own up to it and have it repainted.

How in the world can a dealership employ such an incompetent tech? I doubt this is the first vehicle he has damaged.

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning IMG_0626

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning IMG_0631

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning IMG_0630

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning IMG_0627