• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yesterday I dropped off my Lariat Lightning to replace the rear light bar due to the infamous moisture condensation on the inside. They had the new part ready to put on, but called me this morning saying that within the last couple of days Ford issued a recall on the lights due to micro cracks in the plastic.

They've been informed that they are not to replace the light bar as that replacement has the same issue.

Ford will be replacing the light bars with updated parts that do not contain those cracks at a later date and the dealer will call me once Ford has the part available. This has now been confirmed.

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning safety-recall-f150-lightning-rear-lightbar-replacement
Sponsored

Last edited:

MJB28

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning, 2020 Harley Livewire
Yesterday I dropped off my Lariat Lightning to replace the rear light bar due to the infamous moisture condensation on the inside. They had the new part ready to put on, but called me this morning saying that within the last couple of days Ford issued a recall on the lights due to micro cracks in the plastic. They've been informed that they are not to replace the light bar as that replacement has the same issue. Ford will be replacing the light bars with updated parts that do not contain those cracks at a later date and the dealer will call me once Ford has the part available. Now, we all know that dealers don't always tell the truth or know what is going on, so, I'd like to get confirmation that this is the case. Perhaps a dealer is on here that can pull up the recall notice to dealers to confirm and perhaps give a little more information?
Yep, it' true

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning Screenshot (74)

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Depending on how long it takes for the new parts, I'll hit 10k and just have them do the recall, click TSB, and 10k service all at the same time.

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range Battery
At least I got lucky and didn't get my rear lights including the light bar smoked out. The shop's machine that does it broke so I had to reschedule. Now I will wait until the replacement and won't have to pay twice to get it done. Yikes!

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
The re
Yesterday I dropped off my Lariat Lightning to replace the rear light bar due to the infamous moisture condensation on the inside. They had the new part ready to put on, but called me this morning saying that within the last couple of days Ford issued a recall on the lights due to micro cracks in the plastic. They've been informed that they are not to replace the light bar as that replacement has the same issue. Ford will be replacing the light bars with updated parts that do not contain those cracks at a later date and the dealer will call me once Ford has the part available. This has now been confirmed.
View attachment 69190
The recall notice says that the reverse light can be affected too. They should have replaced it. What if also stops working? That light bar was not needed at all…

Last edited:

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
I wonder how long it is going to take for the dealerships to get the replacement bars?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I wonder how long it is going to take for the dealerships to get the replacement bars?
Based on past experience, we'll be looking at Q4 or Q1.

Edit - I said this before reading the notice that says Q4. Nailed it!

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Dayammn... Maybe this restriction largely involves unsold mannequins among the first 16,364 trucks.

SERVICE ACTION
DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any new in-stock vehicles involved in this safety recall. A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers 4 quarter, 2023 when it is anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this safety recall.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Hopefully they recall the taillights, too, mine is cracked up and they want $2,000 for a replacement!

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I would assume this affects only Lariat and Platinum trims, right?
Sponsored