• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I drove two hours to my dealer only for them to tell me they didn’t have some stupid fasteners they needed. They had the bar itself.

Oh well, at least they replaced my wiper motor.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It looks like there is water in it when I took a look this morning:mad:
It probably had water in it before you took delivery. Either didn’t get done due to some mixup in the shop or a shady dealer. Either way, that sucks.

mluzzy1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Occupation
CARPENTER
It probably had water in it before you took delivery. Either didn’t get done due to some mixup in the shop or a shady dealer. Either way, that sucks.
I should have checked but because I specifically asked if it was done , I never looked. And since its not working at all and the reverse lights are out, my guess is its been like this for a while . The reviews for the dealer online are very good so I'd like to think it was a faulty part but you never know. They are almost two hours from me so I'm curious to see how they handle it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I should have checked but because I specifically asked if it was done , I never looked. And since its not working at all and the reverse lights are out, my guess is its been like this for a while . The reviews for the dealer online are very good so I'd like to think it was a faulty part but you never know. They are almost two hours from me so I'm curious to see how they handle it.
My guess is that either they were doing several trucks and somebody picked up a take-off by mistake and installed it in your truck, or it just got missed altogether.
If they actually put a new part on, it shouldn’t fail like this.

I’d tell them it’s not safe to drive and to come get it.

Sponsored

mluzzy1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Occupation
CARPENTER
My guess is that either they were doing several trucks and somebody picked up a take-off by mistake and installed it in your truck, or it just got missed altogether.
If they actually put a new part on, it shouldn’t fail like this.

I’d tell them it’s not safe to drive and to come get it.

Service confirmed they used the updated part. :unsure:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I scheduled mine for Nov 20th, when I asked if they'd already ordered (they knew I was waiting for availability) I was told they're ordered now. Gonna be really miffed if it doesn't get in by then.

mluzzy1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Occupation
CARPENTER
How did it get water in it? Was it raining when you drove it home?
they performed the recall at the end of August. So it's been exposed to weather since....

Sponsored

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
My dealer is waiting on the parts for the replacement. Hopefully, the parts come in soon as I've had my truck for one year since October 21st and my lightbar's been dead for 99 days and counting.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
My dealer is waiting on the parts for the replacement. Hopefully, the parts come in soon as I've had my truck for one year since October 21st and my lightbar's been dead for 99 days and counting.
When I asked my dealer about water in the lightbar, he said if it goes out to bring it in and they'll swap it out with current parts while waiting for the recall part. That's kinda messed up that your dealer wouldn't replace it so you at least have a working tail light while waiting for the new part.

mluzzy1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Occupation
CARPENTER
they performed the recall at the end of August. So it's been exposed to weather since....
They are sending a driver with a loaner truck on Monday to pick up the truck . Service says the replacement parts are readily available and it was replaced with the new part which is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. I guess we'll see....

EVmeritus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla X, 2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
EV Activist
Just a heads up, got a notice letter today saying parts are now available...

recall.jpeg
Got the same letter from Ford. Called the dealer service and set-up an appointment for yesterday. (Two weeks out from setting up the appointment) When I showed up at the dealer service department yesterday they claimed Ford would not let them order the parts before I brought the vehicle in ! So now they claim they are able to order the parts.
Service advisor claims that it is a Ford issue.
Service manager won't return my call for a further explanation.
I feel that the problem is with the dealership.
Anyone able to recommend a good Ford service dealer in the San Diego area?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Got the same letter from Ford. Called the dealer service and set-up an appointment for yesterday. (Two weeks out from setting up the appointment) When I showed up at the dealer service department yesterday they claimed Ford would not let them order the parts before I brought the vehicle in ! So now they claim they are able to order the parts.
Service advisor claims that it is a Ford issue.
Service manager won't return my call for a further explanation.
I feel that the problem is with the dealership.
Anyone able to recommend a good Ford service dealer in the San Diego area?
If it makes you feel better, I’m on the opposite coast and was told the same thing. It was apparently a recent change that required inspection prior to ordering.

The dealer made a side comment about the strike but I think that’s more assembly than parts.

Either way they picked up the truck, gave a loaner, and dropped the truck back off. So it didn’t cost me anything in terms of time so I don’t really mind. Setup a follow up appt already to install the part. So from my perspective…seems legit?
Sponsored