• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

mluzzy1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Occupation
CARPENTER
They are sending a driver with a loaner truck on Monday to pick up the truck . Service says the replacement parts are readily available and it was replaced with the new part which is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. I guess we'll see....

Dealership did pick up my truck on Tuesday, dropped off a loaner, and brought my truck back today with a working light bar and reverse lights AND heated steering wheel. Hopefully this is the end of it. Glad to have my truck back!
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My Lightning is in the shop to get 4 items taken care of, the BECM & Wiper motor jobs are done, but they are still waiting for the Light bar, I'll probably pick up the truck Monday after they get the dash mat in and replaced.

My light bar is still functioning properly since the truck is always garaged and no micro cracks have developed yet, will bring it back at a later date.

RI fisherman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lighting on order
Taxman did they say when the light bar might be available? Did you go to tasca? I called them this week to schedule the recall then as all of a sudden my light bar shorted out a long with All but one led on the back up light.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Taxman did they say when the light bar might be available? Did you go to tasca? I called them this week to schedule the recall then as all of a sudden my light bar shorted out a long with All but one led on the back up light.
He (Ron) @ Seekonk did not know the ETA for the light bar yet, hopes to get more info by Monday, I'll pick his brain after they install the dash mat and I pick up the truck.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Took 3 weeks for my dealer to get the replacement taillight. Dropped it off yesterday morning and it was done by 3pm. Aside from having to wait so long for the part, the actual service portion went well. They offered a Bronco for a loaner but since I had family in town I didn't need it. My brother got angry and said I should have taken it anyway so he could drive it! 😆

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My light bar is in, it will be installed on the 12/26, soonest appointment available.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Still have no update on when mine will be in. I always get the same answer, No ETA yet.

RI fisherman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lighting on order
My light bar is in, it will be installed on the 12/26, soonest appointment available.
Great I dropped mine off last week. Currently driving around in a loaner hopefully will be done in the next day or two as they were also going to replace my battery module under recall.

RI fisherman

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lighting on order
U
Great I dropped mine off last week. Currently driving around in a loaner hopefully will be done in the next day or two as they were also going to replace my battery module under recall.
Update still at the dealership they haven't been able to do the battery module recall yet and said likely next week, luckily the gave me a nice 23 XLT as a rental while it's there.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
How long from ordering your light bar until it came in? Did the dealer call you?
I ordered it from my dealer on Nov. 30 because Ford e-mailed me telling me my light bar part was "in." Do they send it by Pony Express or carrier pigeon?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How long from ordering your light bar until it came in? Did the dealer call you?
I ordered it from my dealer on Nov. 30 because Ford e-mailed me telling me my light bar part was "in." Do they send it by Pony Express or carrier pigeon?
The initial visit to get repairs done was on 11/9 am appointment, at that point they didn't have light bars in hand, none seem to have anything advanced shipped unless you have a very proactive SM who trusts the VIN and doesn't require preliminary inspection.

In the 11/9 visit, they addressed the BECM programming & wiper motor, then ordered the dash mat & tailgate light bar.

I got a call from the SM on 12/5 to say the parts arrived, and next available install date could be 12/26 if I wanted it, I took it, dropping off Tuesday morning after Christmas.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
The initial visit to get repairs done was on 11/9 am appointment, at that point they didn't have light bars in hand, none seem to have anything advanced shipped unless you have a very proactive SM who trusts the VIN and doesn't require preliminary inspection.

In the 11/9 visit, they addressed the BECM programming & wiper motor, then ordered the dash mat & tailgate light bar.

I got a call from the SM on 12/5 to say the parts arrived, and next available install date could be 12/26 if I wanted it, I took it, dropping off Tuesday morning after Christmas.
Thank you! So it seems to take almost a month from ordering the part to it arriving. I will sit tight.

Without having to read the wiper motor recall issue, if I did not receive any notice about the wiper motor issue (or the steering wheel heating issue), my vehicle probably does not have those issues (no problems noticed with wipers or heated steering wheel), so it is probably safe to assume those issues were limited to certain vehicles. Will double check, but I need that major software update, the microcracked tail light and dash mat so that I can put my salt water aquarium on my dash.

Not used to having so many recalls at once, but this is the nature of having one of the early models of a new technology. Was reading an article on the Chevy Blazer EV by Edmunds, and 23 unique problems were discovered in 2 months. We are lucky!

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I dropped my truck off 10/16 for CSPs and to order parts. They were in stock when I went back December 8th. The recall and heated steering wheel were done within roughly 5 hours.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Without having to read the wiper motor recall issue, if I did not receive any notice about the wiper motor issue (or the steering wheel heating issue), my vehicle probably does not have those issues (no problems noticed with wipers or heated steering wheel), so it is probably safe to assume those issues were limited to certain vehicles.
Yes, they updated the part mid production year, you were built with the revised part. This is what your VIN shows from the public search engine.

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning 1703171064394

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My recall completed today....
Sponsored