• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unreliable Guess-o-meter, range anxiety, and the frigid weather...

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I think there is an inadvertent flaw in the program, start with the battery SOC and environmental conditions, then up/down factor the drivers recent drive behavior from from a long term hidden log "Drivers History", this part of the calculation appears to be missing in the latest release.
ford is doing themselves a serious disservice by not having this dialed in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Why does the guess-o-meter not pay attention to the miles/kWh?
It did. Well, evidently it did/does until the distance-to-empty (DTE) update. I haven't received it yet.
ford is doing themselves a serious disservice by not having this dialed in.
I think Ford may have thought that removing the driving history as part of the calculation in the update would make the people who claim they've lost 45% of their range feel more confident.

I just leave the "This Trip" screen up and pay attention to the mi/kWh. Since all the numbers are generally close on both sides of 2 mi/kWh, it's easy math to do in your head. Figure on 260 miles with 2.0 and figure on losing or gaining 13 miles for every tenth over or under 2.0.

Last edited: