• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Utility trailer

Jambar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT 150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Connected a 5’x10’ utility trailer to my XLT, max. Tow option. Dash showed 186 range until the trailer was attached. Range dropped to 86. Trailer was empty.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Did you enter trailer parameters? It makes a difference.
This ^^^

Also, the truck has no way to KNOW the efficiency. It has to make a GUESS. Once you put in a destination, it will again make a GUESS. Then, as you drive, it will LEARN.

I put in my bike rack, set it up (per manual so that BLIS will work properly). It adjusted the range. I laughed. Now, with 3 trips (all 25 miles or less) it doesn't react as much, but it needs DRIVING to accurately FORECAST the range.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
That is pretty typical of what the GOM shows for an attached trailer.

I have a 14’ heavy duty utility trail and even after setting all the requested parameters it drops the estimated range by half.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Connected a 5’x10’ utility trailer to my XLT, max. Tow option. Dash showed 186 range until the trailer was attached. Range dropped to 86. Trailer was empty.
The GoM is useless with a trailer on and gets super conservative.

Attached is a picture of me towing my 25’ camper. It showed just about 100 miles of range when I hooked it up. 70 miles later, it showed 70 miles of range remaining. That’s fully configured and with history too, and its still conservative

You can even see I’ve got about 60-70% battery remaining despite the GoM indicating I should be closer to 50%.

Ford F-150 Lightning Utility trailer IMG_3799

With my trailer attached I can go nearly 200 real world miles but it’s never once indicated anywhere near that.

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
I have a 5 x 8 trailer that I regularly use. range hit is about 30miles of real use. Guess o Meter is all over the place.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
As you drive your Lightning you will learn too.

When I connect my boat and trailer to my Lariat ER the estimated range drops by half. In reality the mileage penalty is only about 25-30%, which is a little better than what I got from my 2018 XLT with a 2.7L engine. However, the Lightning pulls the boat and trailer far better than the XLT did.

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
This ^^^

Also, the truck has no way to KNOW the efficiency. It has to make a GUESS. Once you put in a destination, it will again make a GUESS. Then, as you drive, it will LEARN.

I put in my bike rack, set it up (per manual so that BLIS will work properly). It adjusted the range. I laughed. Now, with 3 trips (all 25 miles or less) it doesn't react as much, but it needs DRIVING to accurately FORECAST the range.
I've been looking for a bike rack that goes in the bed and will hold four bikes. No luck. Yours? TIA

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
Hitch mount.
Have that. Was hoping you'd found the unicorn - a standing rack that holds four bikes by front wheels and connects to the Box link. Asking too much? Probably.
Sponsored