• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Warns me about pending update every day this past week

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
My F150 keeps warning me that it plans to install an update at 2:00 AM every day this past week. Seems like it is having problems actually installing the update. Is there something I need to do to enable the update to complete?
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
My F150 keeps warning me that it plans to install an update at 2:00 AM every day this past week. Seems like it is having problems actually installing the update. Is there something I need to do to enable the update to complete?
Check the state of your LVB.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It’s probably this one. Many of us are having this update fail.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Read the activity in the pinned threads on this node in particular the thread titled according your anticipated update.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
My truck says its attempts to update fail. It says it will try again at 4AM the next day. I meet all the preconditions except I don’t ge up to drive it just before 4AM. It is plugged in anyway so the 12 volt battery should be fine, plus the truck has never told me the bat Is week.

About one in twenty or thirty times, when I turn it on and shift into R, the screen goes dark. Is that a clue?

Sponsored

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Try a BMS reset and then drive for 30 minutes manually update as soon as you get home. I also turned phone off if you are using phone as key or stay away from vehicle with key fob so vehicle isn’t constantly trying to wake up as you get close. That’s what worked for me.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
Mine did this. Drove on Wednesday. Got alert that update will performed at 1am. Next day, looked and said truck was deep sleep. Started it and got same alert, will update. Next day, no go. And then again. Yes, parking brake on and locked each night. Finally, I plugged it in and left it. Got the update. Surprise tho is it charged to 100% when my setting is 90.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine did this. Drove on Wednesday. Got alert that update will performed at 1am. Next day, looked and said truck was deep sleep. Started it and got same alert, will update. Next day, no go. And then again. Yes, parking brake on and locked each night. Finally, I plugged it in and left it. Got the update. Surprise tho is it charged to 100% when my setting is 90.
To be expected, see the linked thread above.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
My truck says its attempts to update fail. It says it will try again at 4AM the next day. I meet all the preconditions except I don’t ge up to drive it just before 4AM. It is plugged in anyway so the 12 volt battery should be fine, plus the truck has never told me the bat Is week.

About one in twenty or thirty times, when I turn it on and shift into R, the screen goes dark. Is that a clue?
In my case, it failed 10 times. On the 11th, I left the truck at 98% SOC unplugged and it succeeded. Go figure. A bit more clarity on the reason for failed updates would take some of the frustration out.
Sponsored