• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3 Feb 3rd ~ XLT SR

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Ordered an XLT SR while I figure out whether I want to pay for the 312 or step all the way up to a Lariat.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Ford had a devious plan all along. Look how excited we all are to get our XLT SRs!
Exactly LOL ~ It STILL is a FAIR value for a EV truck honestly. Its just not a Crazy great deal like the Pro.

The extras are nice.

I looked into getting something else & realized I was going to spend $45K+ MIN for any truck no matter what. This was spending 54K and getting $7500 Tax rebate + more depending on state makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The XLT-SR is still available, notice that, though I'm ordering the Lariat-ER with TOW add on.
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Feb 3rd ~ XLT SR 1643916631618

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Exactly LOL ~ It STILL is a FAIR value for a EV truck honestly. Its just not a Crazy great deal like the Pro.

The extras are nice.
The more I think about the Pro the more I realize it would have ended in some disappointment, if not for me, for the rest of the family.

Are you sticking with the 311?

I keep waffling on spending an extra $10K for keyless entry, keyless start, heated seats, and step up tailgate. There are other things but all of those (except the tailgate) are present on our 10 year old VWs (and we have kids in car seats) so it's going to be a step back in many everyday ways.

EDIT: the dealer removed the ADM and I upgraded to a Lariat. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
The more I think about the Pro the more I realize it would have ended in some disappointment, if not for me, for the rest of the family.

I keep waffling on spending an extra $10K for keyless entry, keyless start, heated seats, and step up tailgate. There are other things but all of those (except the tailgate) are present on our 10 year old VWs (and we have kids in car seats) so it's going to be a step back in many everyday ways.

I was happy with the PRO so after realizing cost and tax savings, I am happy with the XLT basic setup with a spray in. I didn't add anything on. I use my truck 95% of the time for a daily driver 5 miles back and forth to work.

djlightning

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
leaf, jeep, 74 beetle
Occupation
retired
Good Morning everyone!

Now that we have all come to terms with the PRO being SOLD OUT for 2022, how do we feel about the XLT SR being sold out once Wave 3 opens?

Also, with SO MANY people wanting that PRO, what's to say it doesn't SELL OUT in WAVE 1 AGAIN in 2023?

Seems like WAITING for a PRO in 2023, you must almost HAVE to have been in WAVE 2 and WAVE 3 best case.

Thoughts?

Also, It seems like we are 11 days out from the next excitement/updates.

Thanks!
Making the Chevy and Rivian more attractive…who is managing Ford marketin?

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A

I’m considering doing the 312A SR for the options you have mentioned as well as the heated steering wheel, bed lighting, adaptive cruise control, but really wish it came with the rear power sliding window.

A couple of the 311A options are standard with the 312 A, so for my build it was a net difference of $8K.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Making the Chevy and Rivian more attractive…who is managing Ford marketin?
I don’t understand this. The Rivian base is almost $30k more than the Pro and $15k more than the XLT. The availability of a sub-50k Silverado is very much not clear. They could easily do the same as Ford except they are 2 years behind. If you want an EV truck there’s no clear reason to skip the Lightning now unless you really don’t care about waiting 2 years to find out whether there will be a value priced Silverado for consumers.

EDIT: If you wanted the XLT ER, I can see considering the Rivian but it doesn't make sense compared to the Pro or XLT SR. I wanted the XLT ER and briefly considered the Rivian once final Lightning pricing came out but, ultimately, I'm not taking a chance on a brand new car company with that kind of cash. I certainly wouldn't blame someone who went for the Rivian instead of an XLT ER or Lariat ER. I think the Rivian has some great features and is a reasonable value, I just don't trust it.

EDIT 2: If you are considering Rivian, keep in mind that GM put aside *2 billion* for the Bolt recall. Rivian will probably only take in 3B this entire year, and will surely have no profits at all. If something major goes wrong they *may* have the financial backing to deal with it but you can't really be sure that they will. And if they do, you can't be sure they'd put the same level of care into the solution as GM will, or Ford would.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
High End Home Electronics
What about the good old girls??Did that network exist??
Girls historically have been screwed over by the boys unfortunately....
Don't you watch any factually accurate TV shows like Madmen? ? ?

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
Why is this a surprise? Businesses exist to extract the maximum about of money from their customers at the lowest possible cost (to maximize profit). Publicly traded corporations even have a legal obligation to do this as it benefits their shareholders.
Yep

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
I don’t understand this. The Rivian base is almost $30k more than the Pro and $15k more than the XLT. The availability of a sub-50k Silverado is very much not clear. They could easily do the same as Ford except they are 2 years behind. If you want an EV truck there’s no clear reason to skip the Lightning now unless you really don’t care about waiting 2 years to find out whether there will be a value priced Silverado for consumers.

EDIT: If you wanted the XLT ER, I can see considering the Rivian but it doesn't make sense compared to the Pro or XLT SR. I wanted the XLT ER and briefly considered the Rivian once final Lightning pricing came out but, ultimately, I'm not taking a chance on a brand new car company with that kind of cash. I certainly wouldn't blame someone who went for the Rivian instead of an XLT ER or Lariat ER. I think the Rivian has some great features and is a reasonable value, I just don't trust it.

EDIT 2: If you are considering Rivian, keep in mind that GM put aside *2 billion* for the Bolt recall. Rivian will probably only take in 3B this entire year, and will surely have no profits at all. If something major goes wrong they *may* have the financial backing to deal with it but you can't really be sure that they will. And if they do, you can't be sure they'd put the same level of care into the solution as GM will, or Ford would.
As far as Rivian you will not receive an order for years so this not a fair equivalent if you want something soon.