• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3 Order Issues

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Hello!

Ill try and keep things short and to the point, following the sequence of events

• Was invited to order as part of wave 3 (not sure how or why but was happy to be invited)
  • Missed out on XLT due to dealer not responding to me or returning calls etc afternoon wave 3 opened up
  • bummed and not being able to justify a lariat I waited/him hawed on what to do till late September.
  • Due to poor response and bad past experiences I figured if I was going to get a lariat I did not want that dealer to make any profit off of me so i switched dealers on 9/19/22 account updated and reservation page now showed new dealership within 12 hrs (as well as email confirmation)
  • 9/22/22 I placed my order down payment made online and reached out to new dealership to accept it (i will note It was a pro order and the web page let me put it in so I went with it)
  • 9/26/22 had to go in to get dealer to accept it as they said I needed to sign some docs with it (fine and I was out of town that weekend, it also turned out with all the stuff online no signing required) was told that I should see confirmation from ford in about half a day and receive the prelim order form to review the config (this is the doc with 4 digit order num)
  • 9/28/22 I'm inpatient and reach out to see if the order has been accepted by ford yet, was told no and to sit tight.
  • 9/29/22 Receive email from ford: There is a issue with your order
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Order Issues 1664925734118

follow link to get info on what the issue is my account tells me jack. also its is now that the order status section of my reservation/order page is completely gone

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Order Issues 1664925864371
So this is no longer there for me and the screen looks like this:

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Order Issues 1664927763714

• 9/30/22 Email dealer asking for clarification but apparently they just switched CRM tools and never got my email (facepalm)
  • 9/30/22 Call ford 800 number get transferred over to a really nice gentleman in marketing he apparently looked up my order by reservation number and said it was in the WBDO system properly and looks like it was waiting on dealer to accept or hit or do something on their end and I needed to talk to them. Also was confused how I got a email that there was a issue with my order and no explanation at all.
  • 10/4/22I get impatient call dealer and ask what's up (find out they never got my emails) but they forward my info over to ordering manager right away with the notes I got from the Ford corporate. I get the following response back:
    • "after talking with my new car manager, we have accepted your order already….. It is indeed in the WBDO system which is what we use to place our orders to Ford Motor Company. Until we get another allocation from Ford, your status Is not going to change. You are indeed the next in line for the next allocation. So when that happens, you will be notified from Ford. I hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you have any more questions, please feel free to reach out to me!
Which confuses me as I had thought the allocation was associated to the reservation/order when you are invited to order/place a order? so my order should have a allocation its not like a normal custom order where you need to wait for the dealer to get a allocation its

anyone have any ideas this just seems so funky to me who do i need to talk to? I thought I had followed all protocols properly transferred reservation after invite and days before ordering I'm just confused and a bit frustrated communication is terrible and dealers know squat.

thanks for any help or suggestions in advance!
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Looks like you may have backdoor ordered the Pro. That may be the issue as you ordered a vehicle that may have been unavailable despite it letting you configure it.

You may want to be careful how many feathers you ruffle, there is a chance they cancel your order and force you into another trim since the Pro's were technically unavailable in Wave 3.

As far as I know none of the people who got a Pro or XLT backdoor order in Wave 3 have been scheduled...we are all hoping it goes through.

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Looks like you may have backdoor ordered the Pro. That may be the issue as you ordered a vehicle that may have been unavailable despite it letting you configure it.

You may want to be careful how many feathers you ruffle, there is a chance they cancel your order and force you into another trim since the Pro's were technically unavailable in Wave 3.

As far as I know none of the people who got a Pro or XLT backdoor order in Wave 3 have been scheduled...we are all hoping it goes through.
its possible though i seen at least one other thread with a normal order that seems to be in the same status
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/wave-3-f-150-lightning-order-stuck.12378/

though a wee bit different I wanted to at least document it or get specific answers around allocations etc. but yeah I get the ruffle feathers point., though I know ppl from the same timeframe/boat with confirmed orders so who knows.

I just really think the dealer is wrong thinking they need to wait for ford to give the dealership a allocation. I thought it was the allocation followed the reservation and the dealership didn't get a "normal" allocation

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ok, I think I know the issue.

Your order was allocated through your old dealer. Allocations are dealer based.

Once you switched dealers (after you recieved the invite to order), the new dealer is getting an incoming invite to order with no allocation to place it against. My guess is you need to wait until the next wave opens so you can take one of the dealer allocation slots.

This also probably means someone at your new dealer got bumped back one wave.

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I mean plausible but I have seen a few reports on the forum of switches after getting a invite then switching dealers (due to adm) and still getting their order placed that's why I thought the allocation followed the order.

from everything I had seen or read it was a safe action to do so long as you hadn't actually place a order even if you had the wave invite you could safely move to another dealer with no repercussions to order/reservation

Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you or your dealer select the onboard scales delete option? Apparently it wont be scheduled unless that option is checked.

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Did you or your dealer select the onboard scales delete option? Apparently it wont be scheduled unless that option is checked.
I did not manually select that option i just left config default selected the tow tech pkg, and the tailgate step, and pro power upgrade. Config does not list the delete.

I did try and ask dealer to pull that option but apparently the order isn't "confirmed" yet as they say they do not have allocation so they cannot edit the order.

Ill probably try calling ford corp one more time to see if I can get any more info, though I doubt if they can follow the chaos they created.

Last edited:

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
My onboard weight system was automatically removed when I got a production date of 10/24

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Just wanted to add a update according the my new dealers ford rep there is no allocation and will need to wait for the next wave/allocation for the dealership. which is utter BS as why did I get a invite if the order cannot actually be confirmed. Which also essentially steals the next person in line at new dealerships opportunity to get a lightning. All because some reason ford wants to keep allocations at a dealership that people want to move away from??? Still waiting to hear back more and in my weird state of limbo what comes next and if I am affected by price hikes or not.

In short the TLDR of this whole thing is: ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SWITCH DEALERS AFTER YOU ARE INVITED TO CONVERT YOUR RESERVATION TO A ORDER. your allocation can just go POOF when you place your order at the new dealer.

I am not a ZEV state so may have different set of rules from Ford logistics point of view.

Jmurraytravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning on order
I am having this EXACT same issue. My dealer will not get back to me at all and Ford basically shurgged and said there's nothing they can do

Sponsored
OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I am having this EXACT same issue. My dealer will not get back to me at all and Ford basically shurgged and said there's nothing they can do
Can I ask out of curiosity what trim did you order? and or if it had the scales removed as suggested by some of the others?

IM still spinning my tires to see if there is anything to be done but I'm not too optimistic

Jmurraytravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning on order
I ordered the Lariat. Basically I was told by the dealership they had no allocation and then they ghosted me. I changed dealers the same day I received my invite to order.

Either the allocations are based on the reservations and my changing dealers screwed up the allocation, or the dealers that are choosing to not become eFord dealers are starting to show their hands. My guess is that the dealer I chose is not going to upgrade to being a certified e-dealership and won't take the order because of this.

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I ordered the Lariat. Basically I was told by the dealership they had no allocation and then they ghosted me. I changed dealers the same day I received my invite to order.

Either the allocations are based on the reservations and my changing dealers screwed up the allocation, or the dealers that are choosing to not become eFord dealers are starting to show their hands. My guess is that the dealer I chose is not going to upgrade to being a certified e-dealership and won't take the order because of this.
I will tell you at least my dealership has a demo/mannequin 22 Lightning and had already delivered a lightning this year. (it could be a thing but I kind of doubt the e-dealership thing) Is your dealer in a ZEV state?

just trying to find any points of commonality

Jmurraytravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning on order
This dealer has a demo Lightning, which is why I changed over. They have not delivered a Lightning yet, but they are in a highly rural part of Virginia. That dealership is not in a ZEV state. But being a small dealer in a rural location, where the local population may not be very electric vehicle friendly, they may not have been happy when Ford told dealers they had to invest to become an e-dealer. Of course Ford told the dealers AFTER I receive the invite to order.

If anything I still have a reservation for the Cybertruck (I'd much rather the Lightning). Tesla may not be great, but they do make ordering vehicles much easier. I thought that Ford was trying to transform this experience?

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Similar ish Experience or deal here WI somewhat rural ish. moved to a larger dealer from a more rural area (think of the big dealership in a group of smaller rural dealers, In my mid its like being the "top team" in a Division 3 School district)

In theory position should not matter. From all of my understanding you get allocation when invited to convert to order. It blows my mind that if a person opts to change dealer to one that may be better or less scummy for lack of better term they screw the customer screw the good dealer you try and move to (and whoever may be next in their line) and reward the scummy dealer you left (or I assume that is where our allocations are).

Yeah I will admit I hold Cybertruck and Silverado reservations. I will say though there is a lot I like about lightning. The communication of convolutedness of the whole situation from ford is ridiculous. I don't expect GM to be any better, Tesla who knows what it will cost or what it will be or when but I at least know my spot in line is my spot in line and after X people I will get my turn.

I would love rivian too or a similar sized EV but quite spendy or nothing official in the works for a good few years..
Sponsored