• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3 Feb 3rd ~ XLT SR

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Good Morning everyone!

Now that we have all come to terms with the PRO being SOLD OUT for 2022, how do we feel about the XLT SR being sold out once Wave 3 opens?

Also, with SO MANY people wanting that PRO, what's to say it doesn't SELL OUT in WAVE 1 AGAIN in 2023?

Seems like WAITING for a PRO in 2023, you must almost HAVE to have been in WAVE 2 and WAVE 3 best case.

Thoughts?

Also, It seems like we are 11 days out from the next excitement/updates.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Also, with SO MANY people wanting that PRO, what's to say it doesn't SELL OUT in WAVE 1 AGAIN in 2023?

Seems like WAITING for a PRO in 2023, you must almost HAVE to have been in WAVE 2 and WAVE 3 best case.
It doesn't make a difference. If ford even offers the Pro for 2023 MY, it will be at a drastically increased price.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I really wanted a first year electric F-150. I think its a historic moment. However, with the games Ford is playing I doubt even having reserved in the first few seconds will have done me any good. Just looking for a tax credit-eligible vehicle to replace my last ICE and then will wait for Rivian, GM, or someone else to let me know a truck is available.

XLT SR is fine for the price when you consider the Pro was going to basically be unobtainable. The XLT ER is ridiculous and anyone considering it should automatically just go for a Lariat ER.

@Ford Motor Company has just made this whole process such a PITA

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Based on the secret allocation chart: there's maybe twice as many standard XLTs offered than the Pro. However, I kind of felt like Ford saw Pro orders coming in fast and cut the switch early :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Feb 3rd ~ XLT SR 1643052169134

there may be a few left in wave 3, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are sold out already.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Good Morning everyone!

Now that we have all come to terms with the PRO being SOLD OUT for 2022, how do we feel about the XLT SR being sold out once Wave 3 opens?

Thoughts?

Also, It seems like we are 11 days out from the next excitement/updates.

Thanks!
FWIW the leaked playbook states that unfilled 22 reservations will be invited to order for MY 23 “in reservation order”, so not necessarily in waves. And if in waves at least your res time stamp will give you a better guess when it’s your turn than the current guessing game. Hopefully everyone will get their fair shot at ordering what they want!

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Do you guys they will be able to sell all the ER Lariats and Platinums (the longest bars on that chart )?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Do you guys they will be able to sell all the ER Lariats and Platinums (the longest bars on that chart )?
Absolutely, with zero issues. They have far more demand than they can supply.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Absolutely, with zero issues. They have far more demand than they can supply.
I don't think it's a given they'll sell everything. There may be 185,000 more buyers than their are trucks, but that was when people saw a pricepoint they could live with and in some cases a rebate they were gambling on. If I won the lottery tomorrow and had an invite i'd buy the Lariat ER and send the difference from the Titanium to a real charity not the ford executive charity. Until then I'm waiting to see whats in the cards for the 2023 PRO.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I'm gunning for the Lariat ER, come on Feb 3!!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I think there’s a really good chance the XLT SR is sold out when wave 3 opens, especially if there were a lot more orders in wave 2, as ppl were claiming.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I extended my reservation and will wait for the Pro, if they raise the price significantly I'll take my business elsewhere (#1 at a local dealer for the Chevy EV, also have a reservation for CT, and Fisker Ocean). XLT SR is a terrible deal, because of the drastic price difference in the basically, functionally, same Pro model.

End of story, pretty simple actually.

Ford's demand is high because the competition hasn't arrived yet. Once the others start producing in high quantities Ford is going to lose a bit of these reservations they seem to take for granted.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I extended my reservation and will wait for the Pro, if they raise the price significantly I'll take my business elsewhere (#1 at a local dealer for the Chevy EV, also have a reservation for CT, and Fisker Ocean). XLT SR is a terrible deal, because of the drastic price difference in the basically, functionally, same Pro model.

End of story, pretty simple actually.

Ford's demand is high because the competition hasn't arrived yet. Once the others start producing in high quantities Ford is going to lose a bit of these reservations they seem to take for granted.
Ford is not taking those reservations for granted. Rather, I believe that Ford knows full well that it has a limited opportunity as the only purveyor of a conventional EV pick up truck until the Silverado EV and similar trucks arrive on the scene in decent numbers. The problem for Ford is that it came to the game late and does not currently have the capability to meet demand in a meaningful way. The hope is that that issue will resolve itself as production ramps up for MY2023. Time will tell.
Sponsored

Last edited: