• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3 Order Issues

Jmurraytravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning on order
We have a couple Rivians in our neighborhood. I admit they are a great looking truck. But small for the price. About the size of the ranger.
Sponsored

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
I just thought I would share a update. Had a case opened thru a ford via: employee friends and family hoping to maybe get some answers or clarity and or a bit more insight/access to info. First off they know nothing on the ordering or reservation process and rely soley on the dealer to get info. "COUGHS" why do you think I tried to ask Ford directly as the dealer didn't seem to give a straight answer.

So in short it still as clear as mud but it seems like that being said the dealer indicated to the ford rep responding to me that I should be getting a invite to order once my new dealer receives a allocation, which also doesn't make sense. Given that I received a invite and was able to submit a order and was charged a down payment on that order with the new dealer thru fords site.

At this point it do believe that it is a allocation issue, I kind of wish I could check and see if my old dealership had a order submitted shortly after I transferred dealers. What I am mostly concerned is with the weird status and the issue with my order emails that if the issue will be resolved even when/if my new dealer gets a allocation.

so PSA if you are going to switch dealers It looks like things changed sometime with MY23 that you get screwed in terms of allocation if you change dealers after invite before ordering this was not the case in MY22. If your leaving a scummy dealer they get to keep your allocation and you have to wait for a new allocation at the new dealer (which makes sense to reward such dealers with allocations right?), and I believe it is up to the dealer if you go to the bottom of the list or get placed based on timestamp.

I know wave 4 is coming up here soon but in a non ZEV state I am not holding my breath.

The whole process is devoid of communication and knowledgeable personnel, its just sad and depressing the lack of care for the customer.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Thinking about this a bit, if you "take" the original dealers allocation to another dealer, that is not fair to them. However, adding ADM after the order is bull. What might be better, is to have the dealer add any ADM before you submit the order, or if they change the order from what you submitted (like adding ADM), then allow you to move it.

OP
OP

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Thinking about this a bit, if you "take" the original dealers allocation to another dealer, that is not fair to them. However, adding ADM after the order is bull. What might be better, is to have the dealer add any ADM before you submit the order, or if they change the order from what you submitted (like adding ADM), then allow you to move it.
Yeah I get it I just wish it was accurately communicated and communicated that it was different now than MY22.

in short its still poor communication/clarity on what is going on and for me more questions given the bulletin affecting pro orders.
Sponsored