• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

what gauge wire should I use

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
OP
OP

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
thanks for the info.

I already have the charger so it would not be easy to change that now and I got it when it was on sale and 100 off coupon.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Not an electrician but... it also matters: (1) whether your conductors are alone in the conduit or if there are other conductors in the conduit, (2) whether your wire is copper or aluminum, and (3) the ambient temperature where installed.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Not an electrician but... it also matters: (1) whether your conductors are alone in the conduit or if there are other conductors in the conduit, (2) whether your wire is copper or aluminum, and (3) the ambient temperature where installed.
2 current carrying conductors in a properly sized conduit doesn't necessitate a derating.

Copper or aluminum does make a difference, but with such a short run, using aluminum wont save very much so you should go copper.

NM-B cable always uses the 60 degree column.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
2 current carrying conductors in a properly sized conduit doesn't necessitate a derating.

Copper or aluminum does make a difference, but with such a short run, using aluminum wont save very much so you should go copper.

NM-B cable always uses the 60 degree column.
Agree - forget aluminum. The Autel instructions state “copper wire only”.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I have a 48amp charger an empty 60 am braker what gauge wire should I use with a 5ft run or a 20ft run not sure where I am putting it yet

this is the charger
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDLQMR51?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Update: Autel pushed a firmware update that corrected a problem with the Bluetooth connection. That was the source of the lockup problem I had seen and it has not locked up since the update.

I have that charger and it’s been working great so far. It did lock up twice but I turned off auto start in the app and that seemed to fix it. I schedule charging in the truck and when I plugged in it would try to charge and then the truck would stop it since the time was outside the charge window. At the scheduled time it would not restart for some reason and I had to reboot the charger.

Mine is on a 60a breaker. They ran 4/3 NM-B in the wall to a box and then 6 gauge individual wires in flex from the box to the charger. I had them pull a neutral so if I move I can connect a 14-50 in the box and take my charger with me.

Ford F-150 Lightning what gauge wire should I use 999C39B5-36EC-4348-946C-841F80104718
Sponsored

Last edited: