• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who has Water in Lights?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I have water in three lights and I'm guessing I'm not alone. My plan is to have them replaced when I take care of the LVB CSP.

Is anyone aware of a TSB for water in lights?

Water in interior frunk light.
Ford F-150 Lightning Who has Water in Lights? 1000003951

Water in other interior frunk light.
Ford F-150 Lightning Who has Water in Lights? 1000003952

Water in right running board light.
Ford F-150 Lightning Who has Water in Lights? 1000003953
Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I posted about this over the summer. I had it in my Frunk lights. Was told there's a drain path behind there and the seals on the lights were bad so took in moisture. Make sure they check the Frunk push button switch when they replace them. Mine had gotten corroded from the water going through there and stopped working immediately after they fixed the lights. I thought they pinched a wire but they showed me the back of the switch which was in bad shape from the water. Had to splice in a new harness and switch. Good luck, was a pretty quick job overall.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
Here’s a photo of what I posted about in the other thread.
Ford F-150 Lightning Who has Water in Lights? IMG_1436
Ford F-150 Lightning Who has Water in Lights? IMG_1437

OP
OP
Henry Ford

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I posted about this over the summer. I had it in my Frunk lights. Was told there's a drain path behind there and the seals on the lights were bad so took in moisture. Make sure they check the Frunk push button switch when they replace them. Mine had gotten corroded from the water going through there and stopped working immediately after they fixed the lights. I thought they pinched a wire but they showed me the back of the switch which was in bad shape from the water. Had to splice in a new harness and switch. Good luck, was a pretty quick job overall.
Thanks! Your thread is probably where I got the idea to look at the frunk lights. I've been actively ignoring the problem but the thread yesterday made me think of it again.

Sponsored

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, 23 Corvette, 23 Renegade, 22 Mini EV
Occupation
Retired High School Auto Tech Teacher
I thought I remember seeing something in the owner's manual about water in the lights. Unless it was in one of my other vehicle owner's manuals I'm getting confused with? I'm on a mission now to find it. if I do I will post here.

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Here’s a photo of what I posted about in the other thread.
IMG_1436.jpeg
IMG_1437.jpeg
I have the EXACT same issue in my tail lights- condensation. Thought it was just me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have water in three lights and I'm guessing I'm not alone. My plan is to have them replaced when I take care of the LVB CSP.

Is anyone aware of a TSB for water in lights?

Water in interior frunk light.
1000003951.jpg

Water in other interior frunk light.
1000003952.jpg

Water in right running board light.
1000003953.jpg
Hi there! If you would like me to look into your concerns, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.
Sponsored