• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter is over, Summer has arrived!

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Last update I had from Ford was that I'd be able to order in "Early Summer". Just got my email invitation to order. Break out the sun tan lotion!

Clearly a lot of reservations are now declining or cancelling. My reservation date was July 25, 2021.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Same! My last update from Ford was to expect an invite in the summer and I also just got the invitation email. My reservation date is 10/31/2021, I'm quite surprised at this. I've been wavering on what I want to do and how long I want to wait and now that it's my turn I kinda want to say, "screw it" and just go all out (Lariat ER, max tow).

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Or they have ramped up production. Either way Congrats!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Given the sentiment the past few months, I'm more inclined to think that the conversion rate in December was so low that Ford decided to just invite everyone else now. :D

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Given the sentiment the past few months, I'm more inclined to think that the conversion rate in December was so low that Ford decided to just invite everyone else now. :D
If that’s the case maybe they’ll lower the MSRP slightly

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If that’s the case maybe they’ll lower the MSRP slightly
One can hope! I will likely put this off a month to get finances in order. I had planned on waiting to see when the lower priced Ram or GMC might come out but I'm getting too impatient to join the EV crowd.

snb2557

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
what delivery estimate (season) is Ford giving ya'll for the trims when you go to order? Said Spring 2023 when I ordered in November. I still haven't been scheduled :cry:

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
5/19 (first hour) reservation here, still no invite.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
One can hope! I will likely put this off a month to get finances in order. I had planned on waiting to see when the lower priced Ram or GMC might come out but I'm getting too impatient to join the EV crowd.
FYI…. Ram won’t see real deliveries until 2025. GMC is starting with Denali later this year (probably 2024) at $107k. Will probably be a few years before they have “cheaper” models of any sort. Chevy is starting later this year (probably 2024) with an $80k “work truck” … and their highest trim which will be over $100k.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep....don't really want to wait that long. Need to call dealer in the morning and see if they've managed to get anything in we can test drive. While I'm certain we'll like it, I can't pull the trigger without checking it out first.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
5/19 (first hour) reservation here, still no invite.
Dude, I feel for ya. Hard to believe (or maybe not when I think about it more) that big auto could mess ordering up this much. I really don't understand how someone like me, in a low market area, late reservation, gets an invite before all you first day people.

Out of curiousity, did you get that survey a while back? If so, what trim level did you pick? I chose Lariat and I wonder if I got invited as they think it will help improve their conversion rate?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
what delivery estimate (season) is Ford giving ya'll for the trims when you go to order? Said Spring 2023 when I ordered in November. I still haven't been scheduled :cry:
Still says Spring 2023 for Lariat and Platinum. XLT unavailable, contact dealer.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Dude, I feel for ya. Hard to believe (or maybe not when I think about it more) that big auto could mess ordering up this much. I really don't understand how someone like me, in a low market area, late reservation, gets an invite before all you first day people.

Out of curiousity, did you get that survey a while back? If so, what trim level did you pick? I chose Lariat and I wonder if I got invited as they think it will help improve their conversion rate?
No. No surveys nothing. Before the very first orders, the week before they were locking in the top 25 nonsense, I called around. My dealer told me not to worry as I was in the top 10 of over 450 reservations. And wouldn’t confirm if they were shuffling the top 25. The next dealer over told me they were leaving everything as FIFO and they had 75 reservations. He told me that if I transferred I’d be moved to the back of the list. In hindsight, they both fed me crap info. If I would have switched I would have had a 2022 order with price protection for sure. Really is unfortunate how Ford is doing this.

Fortunately I was able to snag a Pro FCTP unit the last week of December. Paid between 22 and 23 MSRP. Love the truck but it’s certainly tainted by this garbage reservation system
Sponsored