• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
There are two huge omissions in this discussion. The largest is the failure to insist that the ‘externalities’ connected with burning fossil fuels be converted to ‘internalities’, i.e. that people who drive vehicles with internal combustion engines be assessed for the damage they do to the environment and the health of the people with whom they share the planet. Until we insist that externalities become internalities, nothing is going to change. That the transition to EVs is a huge undertaking is no excuse for postponing the discussion of this issue.

The second issue is the ‘fairness’ of assessing EVs at the same rate as their ICE equivalents. When I bought my Volt in 2013, it was almost twice as expensive as its Chevy Cruze equivalent. I don’t know what the ratio is now but I am guessing EV buyers pay at least 25 -35% more than those who purchase an ICE equivalent. Assessing use taxes on the basis of MSRP is adding insult to injury.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
75,000# trucks are already paying the Federal Government $550 a year per truck to roll this is in addition to the road/fuel stamps they pay for states they travel through, yup your head of lettuce and other household commodities are going up not only for the cost of fuel but every greenies dream of over taxing the transportation sector.

See the form 2290 for details about this tax they pay....
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2290.pdf
$500 is a joke for a vehicle weighing 75,000lbs and probably travels what..100k mi per year? 200K?.

Also.. ground transportation isn't the prime reason for price increases...

Give me a break...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
$500 is a joke for a vehicle weighing 75,000lbs and probably travels what..100k mi per year? 200K?.

Also.. ground transportation isn't the prime reason for price increases...

Give me a break...
Costs of operation eventually find their way into retail consumer goods pricing, at this moment it might not be unless the trucking firms are successfully adding fuel surcharges due to the spike in the cost of fuel, don't be naive.....

In the meantime speculators are driving everything up like the ADM on a Lightning, it's called shear greed.

The 2290 tax rate has been this way for quite a long time, are you arguing that it should be increased because ~INFLATION & CIRCULAR GREED~?

Increase the fuel excises taxes too to subsidize the EV credits?

Add a new federal excise tax for miles driven by BEV's?
Sponsored