• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
You guys a reading a bit too much on a non committal answer that really she probably does not know the answer to.
Trust me, I hope you’re exactly right!
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
From Emma Bergg -- Director, EV Communications for Ford Motor Company.

This scares me. I converted my reservation to an order on 1/20... and they haven't scheduled mine for production.... so does this mean FALL? By then, they should be sending out invitations for 2023 models... right?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
This scares me. I converted my reservation to an order on 1/20... and they haven't scheduled mine for production.... so does this mean FALL? By then, they should be sending out invitations for 2023 models... right?
No- this means that the first round(s) of order conversion for model year 2023 will be this summer. Existing orders will continue to be scheduled for production on a weekly basis as parts and capacity allows.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Official Ford Q/A:

When will ordering begin for future model years?
We plan on inviting customers to order our next model year this summer, 2022.

When will 2023 MY production begin?
We are currently targeting fall 2022 for 2023 MY production to begin.

If I purchase a later model year F-150, will my price be protected?
Ford will honor the price on the day an order is placed.
Note: A F-150 Lightning reservation holds a place in line to order but does not constitute an order. Future model year pricing will be provided when available.

That last item is likely a forewarning of price increases for MY23 :) (would be 100% expected in the current climate).

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-reservation-closure-and-order-information/#4

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
No- this means that the first round(s) of order conversion for model year 2023 will be this summer. Existing orders will continue to be scheduled for production on a weekly basis as parts and capacity allows.
I sure hope so. I haven't had a truck since last June when my beloved F-150 broke down. It wouldn't start and they couldn't figure out why. After waiting 4 months, I gave up and took delivery of a Mach-e to hold me over until I can get my Lightning. It's a great little car, but it's way too small for me and it's no substitute for a truck.

I hope I get mine by the summer... I'd like to throw some bikes in the back like I used to.

Sponsored

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning

Next wave of invitations to convert reservation to order will go out this summer… for deliveries in the fall​

There appears to be a disconnect between the dealers and the new electric vehicles division of Ford. Mine had received no word of a new wave of invitations to convert reservations to orders.

Please get it together Ford. Some of us would really like to know.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Next wave of invitations to convert reservation to order will go out this summer… for deliveries in the fall​

There appears to be a disconnect between the dealers and the new electric vehicles division of Ford. Mine had received no word of a new wave of invitations to convert reservations to orders.

Please get it together Ford. Some of us would really like to know.
The next "wave" won't be due until the summer and 2023 F150 ordering starts.

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
The next "wave" won't be due until the summer and 2023 F150 ordering starts.
Thanks. For people who live in Arizona, this is critical: "for deliveries in the fall" . It will cost 3x as much to license a Lightning here for the next 5 years if we can't register the truck before the end of the year.

So fall of 22 or fall of 23?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The 2023 reference above is MY23, not calendar year 2023 .

However, "fall" is not over until Late December 2022. So, it could be not be until 2023 (Winter) that the majority of MY23 get shipped out for sale.

Like how Ford opened up ordering banks in "Fall 2022" :)

Sponsored

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. For people who live in Arizona, this is critical: "for deliveries in the fall" . It will cost 3x as much to license a Lightning here for the next 5 years if we can't register the truck before the end of the year.

Another Thank-You for hanging out here Pioneer74........But what the hell is happening in AZ ?? I've got a number of friends in Cali that register there....
Don't tell me gas is going up too...LOL

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
The EV incentive for AZ was deep discounts on Ev registration. To the tune of 1% of the MSRP of the vehicle plus $x. Dollars per $100 of the value. It goes up next year in a step phase until
It’s the same as a regular ICE vehicle. That would make an $80k lightning for example around a grand to register annually (minus a 16% for every year old) vs a couple hundred for 5 years now. Confusing but it’s a substantial savings to get it early here.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
About 1/4 of the current MY22 have scheduling dates that are concentrated in May. If they can produce 1/4 of the reservations each month then June/July/August... Sept starts MY2023 Production with orders likely in July.. Can't imagine they have to retool much of anything.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
The EV incentive for AZ was deep discounts on Ev registration. To the tune of 1% of the MSRP of the vehicle plus $x. Dollars per $100 of the value. It goes up next year in a step phase until
It’s the same as a regular ICE vehicle. That would make an $80k lightning for example around a grand to register annually (minus a 16% for every year old) vs a couple hundred for 5 years now. Confusing but it’s a substantial savings to get it early here.
$80K vehicle will cost $1,344 to register starting next year. For the remainder of 2022, it's 20% of that.

I just paid around $75 to register my MME for 5 years.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
$80K vehicle will cost $1,344 to register starting next year. For the remainder of 2022, it's 20% of that.

I just paid around $75 to register my MME for 5 years.
What he said.
Sponsored