• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wireless Keypad - how to install/program ?

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got it but not much info on how to install/program. anyone do it yet
Sponsored

hringrose

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro, 1965 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Geotechnical Engineer
I got the wireless keypad installed on my Pro from a local dealership. They have to use the frds tool.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I got the wireless keypad installed on my Pro from a local dealership. They have to use the frds tool.
Wireless keypad? I'm confused. Are you referring to the keyless entry keypad?

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds like a Bluetooth keyboard to interface with the FRDS - easier editing settings than the pulldown menus used in other interfaces.

Sponsored

hringrose

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro, 1965 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Geotechnical Engineer
Wireless keypad? I'm confused. Are you referring to the keyless entry keypad?
Yes, the keyless entry keypad that ford sells as an add-on for the Pro.

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
As it turns out, the 23k Ford points I received when I bought my Pro is exactly what this keypad costs. I am going to get one and since I'll use it infrequently, I was looking for an inconspicuous place to mount it. I looked inside the charge port bay and did not see a place that would fit. Then I noticed that it will probably fit on the inside of the charge port door itself. This will keep the self adhesive mostly out of the weather and out of direct car washing pressure. I'll take a picture this once I get it done.

Sponsored

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
As it turns out, the 23k Ford points I received when I bought my Pro is exactly what this keypad costs. I am going to get one and since I'll use it infrequently, I was looking for an inconspicuous place to mount it. I looked inside the charge port bay and did not see a place that would fit. Then I noticed that it will probably fit on the inside of the charge port door itself. This will keep the self adhesive mostly out of the weather and out of direct car washing pressure. I'll take a picture this once I get it done.
Did you do this yet? I was going to get it done on my truck, but the dealer is 30 mins away and when I went in for the appointment, they said they needed both keys to install....fffff
I have since called around and others say you don't need both keys, but my dealer keeps insisting that they need both. I lost the other key and don't really want to spend $300 on a new one just to get the keypad installed. Do you know if the dealer needed the other key for install?

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
Hold off until you hear from me - if you want to do this DIY. The instructions that come with the unit are of zero help when it comes to pairing the keypad to the truck.

My research since my posting leads me to believe that the Pro will need to be programmed via "Ford FDRS" software. Fortunately, I think my mechanic will confirm this for me and possibly pair it for me. Meanwhile, check out this youtube video... that was made for a Ford Ranger install. It is only about 2 mins long.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
The wired keypad is a pretty easy mod. there is no battery to go dead.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Hold off until you hear from me - if you want to do this DIY. The instructions that come with the unit are of zero help when it comes to pairing the keypad to the truck.

My research since my posting leads me to believe that the Pro will need to be programmed via "Ford FDRS" software. Fortunately, I think my mechanic will confirm this for me and possibly pair it for me. Meanwhile, check out this youtube video... that was made for a Ford Ranger install. It is only about 2 mins long.

do you have an update? were you ever able to get it paired?

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro

did you do it?
Sponsored