• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT vs Lariat Lighting X range

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
If you similarly equip the XLT and Lariat Lighting they are +- $3,000 difference. Ok..let's see what we can find out what you get for the $3,000. This is what i have found so far:

Lariat includes - which the XLT doesn't:
Leather seats
Front seat memory?
Vented front seats
B&O Sound system
Blue cruise
Phone used as a key
Partitioned rear lockable storage
Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory
Rear power sliding window
Sunroof
Rear heated seats
sync 4a
Elec folding side mirrors?
I don't see where the Lariat comes with the tail gate step - but i am sure it is there (xlt comes with the step)
Will the XLT X range come with the 15.5 touch screen?

Any other differences you guys can find.

For the above the add'l $3k seems to be worth it.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
If you similarly equip the XLT and Lariat Lighting they are +- $3,000 difference. Ok..let's see what we can find out what you get for the $3,000. This is what i have found so far:

Lariat includes - which the XLT doesn't:
Leather seats
Front seat memory?
Vented front seats
B&O Sound system
Blue cruise
Phone used as a key
Sunroof
Rear heated seats
sync 4a
I don't see where the Lariat comes with the tail gate step - but i am sure it is there (xlt comes with the step)

Any other differences you guys can find.

For the above the add'l $3k seems to be worth it.
Your first three points cover the difference already. It’s an easy decision for most and it’s reflected in the amount of Lariats Ford is deciding to build compared to XLT.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
It's been said many times before that the ER Lariat and ER XLT price difference makes no sense. If you're going to spend 75k+ on a truck, the additional $3k for the Lariat features are a no brainer.

Big differences are Moonroof, Ventilated Leather Seats, and the larger touchscreen. I guess if you were adament about no moonroof or no leathers seats or the hideous larger touschreen, then that'd force you to a XLT ER instead.

Hirudin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lancer
Leather seats
Front seat memory?
Vented front seats
B&O Sound system
Blue cruise
Phone used as a key
Sunroof
Rear heated seats
sync 4a
I think that's a good list and those features would definitely be worth $3000 to me. If you haven't seen it already, I made a spreadsheet that lets you assign 'values' to all the options/differences (that I could find) between the available trims. It'll let you get a pretty exact figure for how much "value" you think the features of each trim give you. (Link to the spreadsheet thread at the end of this post.)

I'm pretty sure at least one official document says the $9500 XLT package includes ventilated seats (even though they're cloth), so that's one thing that I think you should take off your list. Though, even if it IS written down somewhere, that doesn't mean it's correct.

For comparing trims, personally, I'd trust the recently "leaked" 146-page "eSourceBook" the most. I've updated my copy of the spreadsheet a bit based on the eSourceBook, but haven't uploaded it yet. Your post here has inspired me to get back on it. I'll try to upload a new, updated version in the next couple/few hours...

I'm pretty sure all XLTs come with the 12" screen (which could be a good thing for some people because they will also have more physical controls).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...aring-costs-values-of-trims-and-options.8315/

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes - no 15” screen in XLTs.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Great list.
I cam up with $3,380 difference (with Tow Technology and Lockable storage added).
- The Lariat gives you memory on the adjustable foot pedals.
- The partitioned lockable storage can be added on the XLT for $225, equating the Lariat.
- The Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 comes with the XLT 312A package but is removed when you add the tow technology package. The Lariat give you both Tow Technology and Co-Pilot 2.0.
- Wireless Charging Pad on the Lariat.
- Two more paint colors to choose from on the Lariat. Smoked Quartz and Star White (both for extra $$)

- The seating upgrade on the XLT 312A package has conflicting info in the B&P: It would appear you get both memory and ventilation.
312A package info: This is also the same info in the Order Guide.
Ford F-150 Lightning XLT vs Lariat Lighting  X range 1644605020784

But when you select the 312A package the the 10 way power adjustable seat option is checked and it has a specific call out for the 312A package. Including memory and ventilation.
Ford F-150 Lightning XLT vs Lariat Lighting  X range 1644605472350

OP
OP
WFordKid

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Great list.
I cam up with $3,380 difference (with Tow Technology and Lockable storage added).
- The Lariat gives you memory on the adjustable foot pedals.
- The partitioned lockable storage can be added on the XLT for $225, equating the Lariat.
- The Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 comes with the XLT 312A package but is removed when you add the tow technology package. The Lariat give you both Tow Technology and Co-Pilot 2.0.
- Wireless Charging Pad on the Lariat.
- Two more paint colors to choose from on the Lariat. Smoked Quartz and Star White (both for extra $$)

- The seating upgrade on the XLT 312A package has conflicting info in the B&P: It would appear you get both memory and ventilation.
312A package info: This is also the same info in the Order Guide.
1644605020784.png

But when you select the 312A package the the 10 way power adjustable seat option is checked and it has a specific call out for the 312A package. Including memory and ventilation.
1644605472350.png
Great info, I think that the XLT may come with more items, just not spelled out to make the Lariat more attractive. I did go with the Lariat as at the end of the day both trucks are expensive and when it becomes operational Blue Cruise will be cool to test.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Today, XLT online configurator w 312A selected not showing memory and ventilation for 10 way seats, which is strange as 8 way seats show memory. Very confusing.
And why would adding Tow Technology wipe out the adaptive cruise control? That does not make sense (but yes, that is what happens in the online builder without any warning when selecting 312A first and Tow Tech second!). That better not be true. I need to call customer service to check that. Adaptive cruise is one of the main reasons I went for the 312A on an XLT.
Ford F-150 Lightning XLT vs Lariat Lighting  X range XLT 312A build online config 10 way seat not showing memory or ventilation Screenshot 2022-06-

8 way seats, w/o 312A option:
Ford F-150 Lightning XLT vs Lariat Lighting  X range XLT build shows 8 way seats w memory and rear underseat storage Screenshot 2022-06-02 000626

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
-Marketing customer service 800-334-4375 will pass the conflict in the Build & Price online configurator, between the XLT 312A package & Tow Technology that seems to remove the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 adaptive cruise control, up to her manager. I doubt anything will change as they ignored my same survey point months ago.
-The question of 8-way showing memory somewhere, and the 10-way having memory & ventilation was kicked back to my dealer to pursue. That will be fun, not. Maybe an XLT owner who has taken delivery will have the answer soon.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
-Marketing customer service 800-334-4375 will pass the conflict in the Build & Price online configurator, between the XLT 312A package & Tow Technology that seems to remove the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 adaptive cruise control, up to her manager. I doubt anything will change as they ignored my same survey point months ago.
-The question of 8-way showing memory somewhere, and the 10-way having memory & ventilation was kicked back to my dealer to pursue. That will be fun, not. Maybe an XLT owner who has taken delivery will have the answer soon.
I thought I read somewhere that it's just a configurator error and that XLT+tow still gives you adaptive cruise. Surprised they haven't fixed it, though - maybe they're just waiting for the 2023 cycle to start to have it fixed.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I think that's a good list and those features would definitely be worth $3000 to me. If you haven't seen it already, I made a spreadsheet that lets you assign 'values' to all the options/differences (that I could find) between the available trims. It'll let you get a pretty exact figure for how much "value" you think the features of each trim give you. (Link to the spreadsheet thread at the end of this post.)

I'm pretty sure at least one official document says the $9500 XLT package includes ventilated seats (even though they're cloth), so that's one thing that I think you should take off your list. Though, even if it IS written down somewhere, that doesn't mean it's correct.

For comparing trims, personally, I'd trust the recently "leaked" 146-page "eSourceBook" the most. I've updated my copy of the spreadsheet a bit based on the eSourceBook, but haven't uploaded it yet. Your post here has inspired me to get back on it. I'll try to upload a new, updated version in the next couple/few hours...

I'm pretty sure all XLTs come with the 12" screen (which could be a good thing for some people because they will also have more physical controls).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...aring-costs-values-of-trims-and-options.8315/
As a 21 F150 Platinum Owner With the 12" screen and buttons and a MachnE with the 15.5" screen no buttons. We prefer the 12" and buttons and use both weekly. I wish we would have had a choice on the Lightning.
Sponsored