• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yet another Tonneau cover thread

FreshDaddyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
For those of you that went with the Leer HF650M, I was plotting on it myself.

Amazon says this one doesn’t fit a 2023 Lightning. Are they mistaken?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082FMG6Q...U3CFTF9D&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Leer’s own site said they didn’t have anything that fit.

I have enjoyed 2 previous Retrax equipped F150s, but did have frustration with the lost bed space packing for trips. Willing to try something new.
Sponsored

OP
OP
theUNSTABLE

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
Which tonneau covers of those listed won't interfere with the tailgate dropping down? By that I mean, if you were to have the tonneau cover in place, can you use the power tailgate without having to interact with (I.e. "push down" or lift on) the tonneau cover?
This LEER HF650M That I have does not require the cover to be adjusted or "touched" at all to operate the tailgate.
Tailgate can open & close perfectly fine with tonneau cover open or closed

That HF650M looks great and I think that is what I will go with. Thank you for posting the pics and your opinions on it. I just need to find a good price on one now. The lowest I could find currently is around $1100 plus tax. The Ford branded version was several hundred more on the Ford accessories site, but only comes out to a little more than the non-branded version if you use a 20% off coupon. I'll keep looking for that good price. If anyone has any specific vendors that give a decent discount for forum members then please let me know.
That is right around what I paid. I ordered from AutoAccessoriesGarage.com and I paid around $1100 with tax - shipped.
I was pleastly surprised that after it arrived (very long shipping time because it was back ordered when I ordered) it was not Leer branded - it was Ford branded as you can see from the photo.

For those of you that went with the Leer HF650M, I was plotting on it myself.

Amazon says this one doesn’t fit a 2023 Lightning. Are they mistaken?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082FMG6Q...U3CFTF9D&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Leer’s own site said they didn’t have anything that fit.

I have enjoyed 2 previous Retrax equipped F150s, but did have frustration with the lost bed space packing for trips. Willing to try something new.
Correct that HF650M is LISTED as "Does not fit" the Lightning on:
  • Leer Website
  • Third Party Sellers (RealTruck, AutoAccessoriesGarage, etc)
    Amazon

HOWEVER, IT DOES FIT
It is listed as it doesn't but I purchased mine knowing it "does not fit" and it fits perfectly fine.
The bed of the Lightning is the same as the regular F-150.
I have a photo of it fitting, and another forum member also has photos of it fitting.