• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Your experience with Ford dealer service in Maryland?

Chuck's Lightning

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I purchased my Lightning through Diehl's Ford Sales in Grantsville, MD, and have had all service and recalls performed by them. I have had no issues to date, and the Service Manager has been very patient with me as we both learn the ins and outs of EV ownership in the mountains and temperature extremes of western Maryland.
Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I purchased mine at Prince Frederick Ford in June 2022....no markup. Service is ok. Recently had my lightbar recall and battery control module software update completed. Waiting for the dash mat to come in. The only 'issue' is getting them to enter the service into their system to show up in FordPass. They entered the wiper recall, but not the 10K & 20K scheduled maintenance. I have the Ford maintenance plan that I bought cheap through Flood Ford...it includes the replacement of wear items (wipers, cabin filter, etc.). For the price charged for scheduled maintenance, it will save me money over the life of the truck. Ultimately, there will be a record of the maintenance if they want to get paid by Ford for the service visit.

Glad to hear that most have a good experience with their dealership. I previously used Upper Marlboro Ford for my other vehicles but had some not-so-pleasant experiences with their service department and I avoid them, if at all possible.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
If anyone have had their HV battery packs replaced, I am curious where and how was your experience?

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, I will say don't try to get an EV serviced at Waldorf Ford on a Saturday. I took my Lightning in today for Customer Satisfaction campaign notice 23B57 "High Voltage battery module replacement and or battery control software becm module update". I figured I just needed the software update as the only issues I have had were low 12v battery and electrical system drain errors, which only occurred when charging at home using preferred times.

The service people at Waldorf Ford were very polite but they would not touch it since they saw electrical errors from the truck everyday (which is because I plug it in everyday) and they were afraid they would render the vehicle inoperable without a special tech there who I guess only works weekdays. I never received any errors when using a public charger, only when it the truck is plugged in at home, but not charging due to preferred time charging.

So you may only want to schedule for weekday appointments at Waldorf Ford for an EV.

sirharles

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Bought mine from Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg MD. The buying process was long but fine. I had ordered one through Mt Airy Century Ford but due to the strike I didn’t think it would come anytime soon. So when I saw one on the lot that was very similar and the same price I canceled my reservation and bought the one at Sheehy.

However, their service department is a joke. I’ve scheduled to bring it in for a recall a few times. Each time they tell me they can’t work on it for different reasons. First was the part wasn’t available, then when it was available the only tech that could work on it was out for 10 days. Each time I was told it couldn’t be worked on was AFTER I had dropped it off and had someone pick me up. They couldn’t tell me that while I was in front of the “service rep” dropping it off? Ridiculous.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I really appreciate everyone pitching in. Please continue to share your experience so we can always come back to this thread to minimize the chance of any pain in future for service.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just had the 10K Service with three recalls (23B57, 23B50 and 23B70) at Century Ford of Mt. Airy. They were very professional. They serviced the truck two days after I called where other places needed a month. They did not have a tech trained for mobile service but they were willing to pick up the truck and drop it off 30 miles away. I drove it down myself.

I asked the Service Advisor if I could have the screenshot or print out of the cell voltages and diagnostic page but he was not willing to ask the tech. I had a CSP ( 23B11 for the dash) that they could not do because Ford dropped it off the list. So having the paper copy of CSP was not sufficient.

I marked the tires to see how they rotate them. They did not cross them. They swapped the front and back on the same side. I checked the BMS, they did replace it. I was hoping they did update modules that were left behind but I have no way of checking if they just did only the recall work or they updated anything else.

Inspection included Oil level check. The big thing was that I didn't have to have a battery module replaced. Over all I am satisfied and I do recommend them.

p.s. $30 total cost basically for tire rotation.
Sponsored

Last edited: