• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Your experience with Ford dealer service in Maryland?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Please share your EV service experience with any Maryland dealers so that we know which one to avoid and which one to go to.
If you can't be specific about your experience for any reason, please just say you do or do not recommend a location.
With hopes that this thread can save us a lot of headaches.
Thanks

@2000Firehawk, @Binglebingle , @bosox8 , @BugHavoc , @BzzzzztZapPow , @C Ward , @CC-2224 , @CobaltScholar , @Dcdds , @dhenderson67 , @DucMan
@falcatum , @Ian , @jdmackes , @Jhawks9028 , @JimK , @Jimmy2546 , @jjohnson , @jrm390 , @JRPSr , @Jsfrye , @K-Loader , @Kevdog , @kpmhd , @kyriotate
@LabPower , @liebke , @Maryland Lightning , @Matthew Stemple , @MDLightning , @Mike37 , @Mwd2108 , @pcltd291 . @Popnjuice32 , @ranger5ft21 , @Ravend52 , @roadhouse , @Sharjil khan , @sirharles , @Slick68 , @Solar_EE , @Speeddemon , @SteelTerp87 , @stepladder1 , @Suvarna , @svtracer65 ,
@Techtician , @tmute1 , @TYLR and @Zzebro
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I haven't had any service done to my lightning yet, but I purchased it from Pohanka Ford of Salisbury. They originally did not want to give me the price it was supposed to be (I was one of the original Pro reservations, so I got it for 40k) but once that was figured out everything went smoothly. I'd due for my 10k service though so we'll see how that goes.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

Mike37

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning; 2010 Corvette
Occupation
Retired
I’ve only had my Lightning for a rew weeks, so I haven’t yet required service. Hopefully not for a while yet.

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)
Preston Ford West in Randallstown has been good to me. Easy purchase process and 10k/20k appointments with recall work have been fine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '21 MME GTPE, '07 GT500
Waldorf Ford in Waldorf, MD has done a great job servicing my Mustang Mach-E so far, and they seem to be embracing the EV side of Ford.

Jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Consultant
I use Lindsay Ford (11250 Veirs Mill Rd Wheaton, MD 20902) and my service advisor is Kevin. I had a decent experience. Kevin got me a rental car for the first two weeks and then transitioned me to a Mach e afterwards. It took 2 months to get the parts and do the swap. Delay was caused by part availability and qualified technician workload. Communication with Kevin was sufficient but of course I wanted more info than he could provide since this was their first battery swap. Ford Recall called me weekly (at least they care) but couldn’t help with much other than to track the parts. Repairs were spot on and I got my tailgate light bar, wiper motor, and dash tray recalls closed out, too. Trucks been working great, hardware and software. I paid WAY too much for this truck but gosh darn it, I love it. No Rivian or cyber truck for this guy.

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg has been good to me. The sales process was great with no markup BS. The service (for recalls and CSPs) has left a little to be desired, but most of this is down to parts availability rather than the dealer themselves.

Last edited:

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
I've had good luck with Koons Ford Mazda Silver Spring. They have a set dealer fee on any purchase, no other ADMs or charges on ordered vehicles. This applied to both my Mach E and my Lightning.

They've been good for service and now do vehicle pickup/dropoff. The only issue is they often have not had loaners and I have never received an EV loaner.

HubLightning23

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 2023 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I bought my Lightning at Sheehy Ford and the sale went as expected but the service is lacking. It was a little thing, but I asked both sales and service to mount my front license plate holder with Ford-supplied rivets and they said "Can do." I don't like screws since they corrode and can shake loose. In the end, they threw away the rivets and mounted the holder with screws.

Sponsored

ranger5ft21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Century Ford of Mt. Airy was great in the buying process and has been great for the 10k appointments and the recall. For the recalls, I called ahead to make sure they had the parts and for some reason one part wasn’t there so they lent me a Mach-e for a couple days for the part to come in. Highly recommend them.

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Preston Ford of Aberdeen has two qualified techs. Haven't had any serious work done there but the people I've talked to in both Sales and Service have been very responsive. (y)

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Norris Ford in Baltimore :

Sales experience was friendly and positive, kept agreed upon pricing (Oct 2022)

Only had minor service matters, everyone has been friendly and responsive there as well. However scheduling isn't great with one qualified tech and even when I wait for part to arrive and then bring vehicle in, tech may not get to even start or look at it on agreed upon day. I feel like this is the new normal in service so not bashing them, but I don't love it.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Bought from Hagerstown Ford (as we had to specify our dealer when we reserved - this was a strategic move on my part thinking less competition for a first year Lightning at this location over the more populated Frederick location). I have used Frederick Ford for service and both times Bill was service rep. Bill secured a loaner for me (despite Corporate Ford saying no) when I had the dreaded battery malfunction issue in the fall of '22. Recently took for the recalls - no complaints whatsoever after 37,000+ miles.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER Lightning
I purchased my 2023 Lightning Lariat directly from Ford and they honored the 2022 price due to the production being delayed. I picked up the truck from Al Packer White Marsh and they made the purchase process easy. I've had the truck there twice for recalls and got a loaner each time. The repairs took awhile due to only having one qualified tech but I don't knock them for this resource constraint as likely every dealership is in the same boat.
Sponsored