• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process [Note: This Was Written During ICE-Only Era]

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Lariat Screw, 22 Lariat Screw on order
Good evening all. So I’m about to make an order for a F150 power boost lariat high. Pretty much loaded. I’m deciding maybe going for a platinum although I really don’t want that huge platinum badge on the tailgate. (First world problems) lol. What would you guys guess the timeline for a build would be? I realistically don’t want to take delivery until June at the earliest. (Long story) dealer told me he was thinking about 3 months give or take. Thankfully they are selling at x-plan so that’s good.
Currently Platinums are more like 6-9 months. Check out the most recent build week threads here. My Lariat ordered mid-November has an estimated delivery of mid-May.
Sponsored

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat 500A MaxTow 3.5L EB
Occupation
retired
Are there known options (other than chips, in general) that are causing delays?

OneTrueMoose

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat (On Order); 1989 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Are there known options (other than chips, in general) that are causing delays?
When I placed my order back on 1/15/22, the salesman said that the spray-in bedliner I had in my order was on "commodity hold", so they took if off the order and said their shop could put it on if I wanted it.

Which may work out well, I think I might choose an alternative to the spray-in liner anyway.

My order is for a SQ SCREW PowerBoost 4x4, 6.5" bed, Lariat 501a, Max Tow, Bed package, FX4, with most all of the a la carte options available for the 501a.

HTH,
OneTrueMoose

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
When I placed my order back on 1/15/22, the salesman said that the spray-in bedliner I had in my order was on "commodity hold", so they took if off the order and said their shop could put it on if I wanted it. ...
I placed an order last week to get the clock started. I included a spray-in liner so that that may work to my advantage. I'll be eligible for X-Plan pricing through Mustang.org but not until late April. I'll also be traveling until that time, or mid-May.

If it's not scheduled by the time I return I'll scratch the spray-in liner. Hopefully it would be scheduled promptly after that, having been on hold since early Feb.

Sponsored

JoeM

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F150, 2019 F150, 2022 F150
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this question has been answered previously.
I ordered my 22 Lariat at the end of Nov. I have not heard anything from Ford at all related to my truck including build date or how to find out what the VIN is .
Do you have to sign up for something or does FORD just contact you at some point.
The dealer did tell me that I would receive an email but have heard nothing at all.
Thank you

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this question has been answered previously.
I ordered my 22 Lariat at the end of Nov. I have not heard anything from Ford at all related to my truck including build date or how to find out what the VIN is .
Do you have to sign up for something or does FORD just contact you at some point.
The dealer did tell me that I would receive an email but have heard nothing at all.
Thank you
Having ordered that long ago and not having a VIN or scheduled build date suggests that 1) you ordered a high trim package (King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited), or 2) your dealer submitted your email address incorrectly to Ford when the order was placed or 3) don't know a 3rd reason. I would suggest you call your salesperson/dealer and request a status on your order and ask that he/she repeat back the email address that was submitted with your order. Dealers get regular status sheets from Ford and should be able to tell you what is happening with your specific order.

chayce

First Name
Chayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
I ordered a 502A powerboost late December, it’s scheduled to be built the week of 4/4. I’ve been asking my dealer to give me a ball park price so I’m not shocked when the truck is delivered and feel like I’m getting ripped off. I should mention I am going through X-plan pricing. From what I’ve heard x-plan is a set price under msrp and dealers typically can’t add any extra “fees”. Is there somewhere I can find a ball park price for my truck to compare once he gives me a number, and shouldn’t my dealer be able to tell me my price now? He’s saying he has to wait for the window sticker but that seems sketchy to me like he’s just putting it off as long as he can.

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I ordered a 502A powerboost late December, it’s scheduled to be built the week of 4/4. I’ve been asking my dealer to give me a ball park price so I’m not shocked when the truck is delivered and feel like I’m getting ripped off. I should mention I am going through X-plan pricing. From what I’ve heard x-plan is a set price under msrp and dealers typically can’t add any extra “fees”. Is there somewhere I can find a ball park price for my truck to compare once he gives me a number, and shouldn’t my dealer be able to tell me my price now? He’s saying he has to wait for the window sticker but that seems sketchy to me like he’s just putting it off as long as he can.
X-plan pricing is based on dealer invoice +0.4% + $275 Ford fee + $1695 delivery. They can't add more than $100 in fees but other add-ons are negotiated between the dealer and the buyer. I don't think they can require you to buy useless crap you don't want, though.

chayce

First Name
Chayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
X-plan pricing is based on dealer invoice +0.4% + $275 Ford fee + $1695 delivery. They can't add more than $100 in fees but other add-ons are negotiated between the dealer and the buyer. I don't think they can require you to buy useless crap you don't want, though.
So is he lying when he says he can’t get me a price until my window sticker is generated? Seems like it should be simple math.

Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So is he lying when he says he can’t get me a price until my window sticker is generated? Seems like it should be simple math.
I did not use nor do I know the guidelines for X-Plan pricing but my dealer gave me the msrp price and the dealer invoice price on the day I ordered my truck and told me that the price was locked in for my order. Ford had a ~$850 price increase Jan 1 and has another $1500 increase coming up shortly which would have added to the cost of the truck if the price wasn't locked. My dealer told me Ford honors all pricing at the time of order. If you ordered in December, your dealer (and you?) should be subject to December 2021 pricing, not April 2022 pricing.

Last edited:

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Yes. I special ordered an XLT. The order record had MSRP and "invoice" columns. At the bottom were A-, D- and X-Plan price totals.

I attached the order summary. It's the first time I've ordered a truck and the first time I've used X-Plan. More experienced forum members may see something important that I missed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Expedition; 2022 F150 Lariat PB on order
If I recall correctly, X-plan is set at somewhere around 0.4% above the invoice price, right? (I haven't used X-Plan, so I'm just going from memory from what I've heard from others.)

You should be able to get an invoice price from Costco (you don't actually need to be a member to get an invoice): Member-Only Car Buying Service | Costco

dstxtiger

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 5.5 501A
I'm early in the process (just ordered on Saturday, 2/12). Already got confirmation that the order was received.

I've seen a number of folks talk about the priority number. Is this something I have to get from my dealer, or will I be able to see/find it anywhere else?
Sponsored