• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The whole ordering process: FIASCO

Kiteboarderken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor R, 2020 Ford GT, 2005 Ford GT
Hello All,

I put my reservation in for a Lariat back around April of 2021, finally got to place the order in April of this year. Truck was supposed to be built in August. Ship date kept getting pushed back week after week. I tracked the truck this past Monday to the local rail yard where it sat for 2 weeks. Dealer finally has the truck yesterday but will not release it because of the electronic cabin coolant heater recall. There is no part available for this. There are several trucks on the road with this potential "missing solder joint" so why can't I take delivery and bring it back when part is available? My windows may fog and become a dangerous situation. Good grief, its no wonder Ford stock is beat down like a yard dog. Don't get me wrong, I am a Ford guy but they don't treat me like one. (Raptor R, Lariat ICE, 2020 NFGT, 2005 GT, Mustangs etc)
I asked about getting my charger now so I could get it installed. They said they would mail it to me after the purchase. Anyone recommend a Non-Ford charger I can buy now and get it installed whilst I wait, and wait and wait some more? Thanks for letting me rant if you made it this far!
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
They are blocked from selling it to you by the NHSTA I think, they want to sell it to you, I'm sure.

As far as chargers, check with your power company. I was able to get a pretty steep discount on my wall charger (nearly 50%) by purchasing through my utility.

Wallbox, Grizzl-e, Juicebox are all pretty solid 3rd party chargers. I've heard good things about the Tesla universal wall charger as well, but all things being equivalent, I'd go with what's cheap, and for me that was a Juicebox from my utility for $300.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Hello All,

I put my reservation in for a Lariat back around April of 2021, finally got to place the order in April of this year. Truck was supposed to be built in August. Ship date kept getting pushed back week after week. I tracked the truck this past Monday to the local rail yard where it sat for 2 weeks. Dealer finally has the truck yesterday but will not release it because of the electronic cabin coolant heater recall. There is no part available for this. There are several trucks on the road with this potential "missing solder joint" so why can't I take delivery and bring it back when part is available? My windows may fog and become a dangerous situation. Good grief, its no wonder Ford stock is beat down like a yard dog. Don't get me wrong, I am a Ford guy but they don't treat me like one. (Raptor R, Lariat ICE, 2020 NFGT, 2005 GT, Mustangs etc)
I asked about getting my charger now so I could get it installed. They said they would mail it to me after the purchase. Anyone recommend a Non-Ford charger I can buy now and get it installed whilst I wait, and wait and wait some more? Thanks for letting me rant if you made it this far!
Reservation would have been May 2021.

When a recall is issued on a vehicle, all unsold vehicles must be held pending a remedy by federal law. There is nothing a dealership can do until they can do the repair. Last year it was wiper motors. Then rear tailgate light on Lariats and Platinums. Their hands are tied. I've seen posted that the fine is $11,000 or so.

The Ford Charge Station Pro is sent by Sunrun. Once the sale is confirmed, they send it. You MIGHT be able to work with them to get it sooner sent given that you did in fact place an order. I got mine within 6 days.

There are many chargers you can buy. Check with your utility company for discounted prices as well as rebates. But if you don't need 2 chargers, you should get the wiring done and then wait for the Charge Station Pro to arrive, assuming you can handle a 100amp circuit. Link below to 48amp hardwired chargers including JuiceBox, ChargePoint.

https://amzn.to/3ua0awF

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Send your complaints to the nhtsa. Ford is just following their rules.

Bummer it took you so long to order but have some patience, it's worth it.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
What charger are you referring to? Did you buy the $500 Ford mobile charger as an option? If so it comes with the truck.
As others mention, you will also get the Charge Station Pro that is shipped after your purchase is complete. I wouldn't buy another charger if you will also have the mobile charger at delivery. You will need a 240V outlet to do anything other than very slow charging though. Lots of info on the Ford website about any charger's capabilities.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
If the recall is classified as a safety item by the NHSTA, then by law (the National Traffic and Vehicle Safety Act of 1966) the dealer cannot sell you the vehicle. I’m sure they would love to sell it to you, but without a fix, they can’t. A lot of folks were in the same boat this summer with the rear light bar recall.

Overall your time is about par for the course: I put my reservation in during the first week they were open, got an opportunity to order in early December, and finally got my truck in mid-May, after a 5-week delay due to the battery fire in February. In general Ford was OK but not great about keeping me up to date. When the truck was nearing completion I got a call from my dealer with an update and they were spot-on regarding the delivery date.

The Charge Station Pro is shipped by SunRun once your truck is maker sold by the dealership. Expect it to arrive without warning via FedEx about 1 to 3 weeks after you take the truck home.

I’ve heard that SunRun will ship it early IF you contract with SunRun for the installation. In general I’d advise against that: SunRun is likely to take a long time to get the estimate done and then even longer to do the work, and they’ll probably charge more than a local electrician will.

You can probably get by with a mobile charger for the few weeks before you get the Charge Station Pro installed, particularly if you have a 240V plug available. The Charge Station Pro is a decent charger, so no real reason to spend money on a different one. That said, if you’re determined there are several good ones; check with your electric company to see if they have one at a discount.

Muerg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
engineering manager
Howdy,

While my order process didn't start until May 22 with the $100, it took them until October 23 to get me the truck.

As for a temporary at home wall charger, consider the 48 amp Emporia 1772 unit. It works great for me and has a good reviews. $400 on amazon as i type this.

Better suggestion, get on the Youtube site "State Of Charge" Tom Malogny (sp) is great with discussing the pros and cons of all the units suggested by me and others here. You might even want to consider a mobile unit he has reviewed as the Ford mobile unit does not seem to have a way to reduce its current draw on the 240 connection. I find i must use the very slow 120 v 15 amp when visiting people with low amp utility service.

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
My truck has been here at the dealer for nearly 3 weeks but is on hold for the heater issue. I understand the problems but the disappointing thing is that online Ford says that the recall is complete and a remedy is not yet available. I've chatted online with a Ford rep twice and get the "rest assured that Ford is working with suppliers" yada, yada, yada. This affects only 929 trucks so it seems it isn't a priority for Ford. The lack of communication is the biggest disappointment. No idea when the solution will be available. This is my first USA made car in a while and first Ford. Any way you cut it, this isn't a good look for Ford. If it goes a few weeks more I'll cancel the order and get my moolah back.

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
Send your complaints to the nhtsa. Ford is just following their rules.

Bummer it took you so long to order but have some patience, it's worth it.
I think people like the author and myself have been patient. As I note above, my truck has been in town 3 weeks. That is not enough time for Ford to communicate the plan for repair????

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Ordering process is a fiasco? Yep it is. see my trivails at 1/30/2023 build week , but patience paid off but it was a frustratingly looooonnnnnggggg wait.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This affects only 929 trucks so it seems it isn't a priority for Ford. The lack of communication is the biggest disappointment.
They could cancel a weeks worth of scheduled builds for a 1000 new orders (mostly dealer spec & fleet) and divert the entire inventory of scheduled parts to repair a variety of ailments in most trucks either stuck at dealers or in the field.

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
They could cancel a weeks worth of scheduled builds for a 1000 new orders (mostly dealer spec & fleet) and divert the entire inventory of scheduled parts to repair a variety of ailments in most trucks either stuck at dealers or in the field.
Then I wonder why they haven't. They can't get the parts? But at least communicate with the buyers.
Sponsored