• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
You guys are lucky still nothing here. I was late to the early access signup
Maybe this is a good sign that they are working on pushing it to early access.
I'm going to reset my schedule day on a daily basis.
Says do not choose midnight, needs to be between
8:00 am and 11:00pm ET..
Good luck.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
What time should us losers use? 8a-11p or stay in the loser zone 1a-8a?:geek:

I think mine is set for 1115pm but not notified yet. Does it matter what time to put in? strategy?

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
Is it better to set your truck to ā€˜Scheduled Updatesā€™ or just ā€˜Auto updateā€™? Also - is there anything else to in preparation of getting the potential update as soon as possible? I recall one post recommend that the e-brake is set. Not sure if valid.

Iā€™m early access, but have not heard anything out of Ford. [EDIT: I have now received my ā€˜Get Readyā€™ email from Ford.]

Last edited:

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited
Is it better to set your truck to ā€˜Scheduled Updatesā€™ or just ā€˜Auto updateā€™? Also - is there anything else to in preparation of getting the potential update as soon as possible? I recall one post recommend that the e-brake is set. Not sure if valid.

Iā€™m early access, but have not heard anything out of Ford. [EDIT: I have now received my ā€˜Get Readyā€™ email from Ford.]
I got my "get ready email Yesterday as well although my auto update and update notification toggles are greyed out in the off position, i don't know if aIm going to have any luck with the OTA'S or not

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
What time should us losers use? 8a-11p or stay in the loser zone 1a-8a?:geek:

I think mine is set for 1115pm but not notified yet. Does it matter what time to put in? strategy?
I would do it at night or just update manually (by pressing update now in truck) when available for these ones. Most will work with the normal automatic update but one of them (2.5.1) is big. Update says ā€œup to 145 minutesā€ in reality I think mine took about an hour. It got stuck for a while for me (likely due to too low battery voltage) and a few others. I posted a list of preconditions provided to me by the OTA team to the ā€œFinal Steps to BlueCruise Emailā€ thread if you run into issues there, but otherwise I think these have been going pretty smoothly for Early Access people. Hopefully they can expand the rollout quickly! Good luck!

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I got my "get ready email Yesterday as well although my auto update and update notification toggles are greyed out in the off position, i don't know if aIm going to have any luck with the OTA'S or not
Are you going right to the update screen after turning on? If you are try waiting a few minutes. Mine does this when the vehicle starts up but then after a few minutes the toggles enable.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
We
We shall see, how many quarters have they missed to this point.
15 months is a long time for a software update..
Still waiting..
I bought my 21 powerboost nov 2nd .i got the bluecruise options and it was active on day 1 so i could be hands free on highways .

More recently the only update i got while at dealer was for bluecruise to enhance the roads ibcan travel on with bluecruise.. seems the truck can assist on more local roads than it used to but not hands-free on locals . As i understood it the big OTA will be the software updates needed to integrate bluecruise as handsfree with navigation integration so bluecruise will take you from point A to B making the turns etc... as a level 2 autopilot

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I bought my 21 powerboost nov 2nd .i got the bluecruise options and it was active on day 1 so i could be hands free on highways .

More recently the only update i got while at dealer was for bluecruise to enhance the roads ibcan travel on with bluecruise.. seems the truck can assist on more local roads than it used to but not hands-free on locals . As i understood it the big OTA will be the software updates needed to integrate bluecruise as handsfree with navigation integration so bluecruise will take you from point A to B making the turns etc... as a level 2 autopilot
That would be nice to actually see it on my truck and working..

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Anyone had any updates lately?
Better, has anyone received a working BC??

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
Nope. Just a complete joke and another missed promise. They are now virtually assured to be crying wolf a 3rd time saying ā€œit will surely be Q2-2022ā€. My job 1 truck is now over a year old and has 17k miles on it. Top of the line Platinum and Iā€™m ā€œenrolledā€ in the early access plan - whatever good that does.

My patience has worn completely thin now. If it wasnā€™t for the generator feature, I would have selected a different brand.
Sponsored