• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
As I was parking my truck in the garage today, I checked for software updates on my Sync screen and got a message I've never noticed before, something to the effect of "Ford will make a new software update available as soon as possible..." Perhaps it's been there all along and I never checked for updates in just the right sequence to observe such a message before. OTH, maybe it's reassurance recently issued to the many folks including me impatiently checking for the Power Up 6.1 update! :unsure:
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
As I was parking my truck in the garage today, I checked for software updates on my Sync screen and got a message I've never noticed before, something to the effect of "Ford will make a new software update available as soon as possible..." Perhaps it's been there all along and I never checked for updates in just the right sequence to observe such a message before. OTH, maybe it's reassurance recently issued to the many folks including me impatiently checking for the Power Up 6.1 update! :unsure:
That message has been there all the time.

I've poked at the updates screen a couple times the past few days, but really no need to do this.

The truck will prompt us automatically once a new update has downloaded and is ready for install, when placing the truck in park, we'll see a popup.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The truck will prompt us automatically once a new update has downloaded and is ready for install, when placing the truck in park, we'll see a popup.
I believe that only happens for updates that make the truck undrivable during the installation. I drove for about an hour yesterday, parked (nothing on the screen about updates) and 5 minutes later, FordPass notified me that 6.1 had been installed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I believe that only happens for updates that make the truck undrivable during the installation. I drove for about an hour yesterday, parked (nothing on the screen about updates) and 5 minutes later, FordPass notified me that 6.1 had been installed.
I'll pay better attention when 6.1 is offered to my truck, 2-3 weeks from now has been how long I have to wait after the early birds get the initial release

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I'll pay better attention when 6.1 is offered to my truck, 2-3 weeks from now has been how long I have to wait after the early birds get the initial release
I’m not in EA and got it yesterday.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I’m not in EA and got it yesterday.
I'm not in EA either, but I've consistently received updates 2+ weeks after production release roll out.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Not in Ea. Got it yesterday, without the install prompt. Just got the notice it had installed via Fordpass. It happened when I got home from work just like just about all mine.

Last edited:

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Just got this update on my Pro that doesn't have BlueCruise haha. Hoping the battery percentage update isn't far behind as this is 2 updates in the last 2 days for me.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’m stuck with this screen also, except it’s 6.2.

I’m wondering if they pulled the update.

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
I received 6.1 yesterday.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I’m stuck with this screen also, except it’s 6.2.

I’m wondering if they pulled the update.
Mine was just updated to 6.1 about an hour ago.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve gotten that message but only after an update failed and then timed out. I had my service manager pull up the OTA history and there was a “campaign expired” message for the last OTA.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’ve gotten that message but only after an update failed and then timed out. I had my service manager pull up the OTA history and there was a “campaign expired” message for the last OTA.
That means the OTA trigger expired before the update was able to install. OTA triggers last 2 weeks and for an update that require the vehicle to be inhibited, it will last 30 days.

The timer does not start when the OTA trigger is sent to the vehicle. It starts when consent it given to install the update. In the case on a non-inhibit OTA, the timer starts when you turn the ignition on. So if you get the update today but do not start your truck until tomorrow, the timer starts tomorrow. If the vehicle does require the vehicle to be inhibited, the timer will also start once the vehicle is started as starting the truck (or setting ignition to on) is the only thing that will trigger the files to download. However, the update will not self-install until you either tell it to install using the touchscreen, or until your auto-updates schedule comes around. Even with auto-updates turned on, you would still have to start the truck for the files to download.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Right on cue, one week to the day of first reports, while taking the secretary of my treasury to lunch at one of her favorite restaurant, which is just down the street from my Ford dealer, got a Fordpass alert that 6.1.0 had loaded, only 20 minutes after parking the truck

13 minutes later a second alert posted to Fordpass, but the hyper link to details went to a dead end web page, not sure what it's about.

After lunch was done, we headed out & checked the UPDATES screen, it noted the 6.1.0 update, nothing else.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Went 3 months without and update, now I've gotten 2 in the past two days. Maybe my luck is changing!
Sponsored