• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is BlueCruise free for F150 Lightning?

illusion86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Or do you have to pay the $600 fee for it for 3 years to use blue cruise? Is it in the price already?

I purchased the Lariat ER
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Or do you have to pay the $600 fee for it for 3 years to use blue cruise? Is it in the price already?

I purchased the Lariat ER
I second that question! 🙋‍♂️

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
All I can say is it is worth it whether you have to pay the extra or not (I believe it is baked in). Took a 500 mile road trip (each way) for work and drove my wife's Mach-e. Blue cruise covered 85 percent of the driving on the way down (I head back tomorrow) and it was the most relaxing drive I have ever done. I didn't think I would like or use it nearly as much as I do, but it is really great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
illusion86

illusion86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
All I can say is it is worth it whether you have to pay the extra or not (I believe it is baked in). Took a 500 mile road trip (each way) for work and drove my wife's Mach-e. Blue cruise covered 85 percent of the driving on the way down (I head back tomorrow) and it was the most relaxing drive I have ever done. I didn't think I would like or use it nearly as much as I do, but it is really great!
Can’t wait to try it!

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
While driving hands free is truly nice (there are ways to do this on a Tesla) I wonder what standard lane centering will be like. Autopilot requires you to hang a hand on the wheel and it is still great. Blue cruise only works on certain roads and requires a subscription after the first 3 years, but I wonder if it will actually be worth it if lane centering can drive the same on more roads?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
our 'lane centering' and 'adaptive cruise' on our new Kia PHEV Sorento work great - and it doesn't take 'major' roads or highways - it works on most ANY roads. I'll say that it's also not a capacitive 'touch' on the wheel, but it requires you to physically 'move' the steering wheel in order for the system to know that you are there - it's not much, by any means, but just enough - it's really easy. The system will alert you on-screen at first, for about 15 seconds, then an audible alert is added for another 15 seconds, then the system is disabled if you have yet to move the wheel.

WE have over 5,000 miles on the Kia already, in slightly over 1 1/2 months, so a LOT of long driving - and I've never been more relaxed in long drives - you find yourself relaxed, instead of tense.

If the LIGHTNING comes with anything like this, I'll be quite happy.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
our 'lane centering' and 'adaptive cruise' on our new Kia PHEV Sorento work great - and it doesn't take 'major' roads or highways - it works on most ANY roads. I'll say that it's also not a capacitive 'touch' on the wheel, but it requires you to physically 'move' the steering wheel in order for the system to know that you are there - it's not much, by any means, but just enough - it's really easy. The system will alert you on-screen at first, for about 15 seconds, then an audible alert is added for another 15 seconds, then the system is disabled if you have yet to move the wheel.

WE have over 5,000 miles on the Kia already, in slightly over 1 1/2 months, so a LOT of long driving - and I've never been more relaxed in long drives - you find yourself relaxed, instead of tense.

If the LIGHTNING comes with anything like this, I'll be quite happy.
On our Mach-e, the Blue Cruise system acts just like this on any road that isn't mapped, you just get to go hands free on those that are. I didn't expect that to be nearly as nice as it is in reality!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Sponsored
OP
OP
illusion86

illusion86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Does blue cruise come on day one of receiving the lightning? Or do we have to get an OTA update?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Does blue cruise come on day one of receiving the lightning? Or do we have to get an OTA update?
Should be day 1. It was only OTA for the early Mach-es because the software wasn't ready yet, but it has been out for a while now.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I agree with @sotek2345 - should be there day 1 as it is on the 2022 F-150. There are threads about the 2021 F-150 - they required OTA updates and their OTA updates got stuck.

Knowing the MME has it, and 2022 F-150 we should have it Day 1.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X