• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I’ve heard that all of the employees at Rouge get a joy ride before they ship the trucks.
Sponsored

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Congrat's again!!!

Try to get ~500 miles of easy does it driving before hauling out the airstream, I look forward to your experiences towing!
Serious question, I know this to be something in ICE motor (some even argue to try it hard) but do EVs have a break in period?

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Serious question, I know this to be something in ICE motor (some even argue to try it hard) but do EVs have a break in period?
It's less about the engine but more about the other components. You don't want your first heavy trip to be before you see if there are issues with suspension, breaks, tires, etc.

Dparke55

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Ext, Lightning Std, Mach Ex 4 Rt 1
Occupation
Manager
That is great ! Congrats ! Nice truck for sure !

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
It's less about the engine but more about the other components. You don't want your first heavy trip to be before you see if there are issues with suspension, breaks, tires, etc.
The drive motor to output shaft reduction gears would benefit from a few hundred miles of moderate load to get them mated for a long life of service, IIRC while perusing the operator manual they suggested some miles of easy driving.

Officially it's 1000 miles, but IMHO 500 will prove out any troublesome matters.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙌 First F150 Lightning delivery to retail customer (me)! 1653593241777

Last edited:

Sponsored

run4tacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
They apparently used it around the track is what we were told.
I have a Mach-E that was in the first 2 weeks of delivery. There was a sticker on my car that it had 37 miles of track testing in Mexico before it was shipped. My guess is that they are probably doing a fair amount of testing with these early delivery trucks.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Bummer....looks like it will be regular financing for me then. Enjoy the ride! Congrat!
If you’ve been following their are several posts discussing financing.

credit unions are offering some great rates. If you are not a member, a lot of them allow you to join a member organization simultaneously.

example: go to credit union site, click their qualified organization list. Join some group (usually a few of 25-150$) bam! You are qualified to become member of credit union. The CU I looked up allowed you to do via their site - couldn’t be much easier. You’ll save 2% over ford - this saving more than the cost of the group membership.

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Welp there it is, He's Famous!!
Jeez-o-Pete! I can't wait to cash in all this internet karma for something! Hopefully, this will be old boring news when the rest of you get yours.

Reactions: DHK

lamigrausa

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Congratulations! Did your order tracking ever update to show built and then shipped too?

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Welp there it is, He's Famous!!
@oneguynick must be nice to have CEO of multinational company tweet about you.

hope you are having fun.
ugh - please don’t be 5 months for charge pro.

knot_another_won

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT Max Tow, F-150 Lariat on order
Occupation
Engineer
Is that a Lightning sales brochure in the passenger front seat? is the only way to get a sales brochure to purchase a Lightning?
I stopped into my dealer yesterday and they had just received a few boxes of brochures that day. They offered me one while I continue to wait for mine. The sales guy said that you know the vehicles are close one they start getting the brochures. My son got a real kick out of looking through it last night. Who am I kidding? So did I! :cool:

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Congratulations! Did your order tracking ever update to show built and then shipped too?
It showed built, but then not much else. The estimated shipping update hit when the dealership called to let me know it was there :)

knot_another_won

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT Max Tow, F-150 Lariat on order
Occupation
Engineer
Jeez-o-Pete! I can't wait to cash in all this internet karma for something! Hopefully, this will be old boring news when the rest of you get yours.
Just wanted to join the chorus of "Congrats!" I'll bet you can feel all of the thinly veiled jealousy behind all of the excitement oozing out of the computer at you! ;) Enjoy it, man!