• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GaryC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep w/openpilot
Occupation
Engineer
Will you please try Pro Power Onboard outlets and post some info and pics, pretty please? Try the 240V outlet if you can!
Sponsored

lamigrausa

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It showed built, but then not much else. The estimated shipping update hit when the dealership called to let me know it was there :)
Oh geez…as I suspected. Mine shows in production since 5/10. However the dealer using locator plus could see that it was at the up-fitter 4 days ago for the bed liner. Build week was 5/2 on the VIN tracker. Thanks for the quick response too. Hopefully you don’t have to wait too long for the Pro Charger. Sun Run came out measured for a quote for the 100 amp circuit for us 3 weeks ago and never even called back and I called them 3 times for an update too, nada. Seems soon as they figured out I didn’t want solar or HISS they were no longer interested. Wondering if others have the same experience? I just had a local electrician finish it up yesterday instead.

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Will you please try Pro Power Onboard outlets and post some info and pics, pretty please? Try the 240V outlet if you can!
I am looking for something other than the airstream to plug into it.

I, unfortunately, don't have a ton of stuff, but might try the welder in the barn

Last edited:

GaryC

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep w/openpilot
Occupation
Engineer
I am looking for something other than the airstream to plug into it.

I, unfortunately, don't have a ton of stuff, but might try the welder in the barn
Did you already plug in an airstream trailer into the outlets of the F-150 Lightning? Oooo, yes, the welder! What electrical connector? NEMA L15-30R, is that common for trailers? Thanks for all info, everyone, we are new to RVs but very interested in auxiliary uses of power.

Sponsored
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
Congrats, bro. Did your dealer make you sign the one year no sale provision?

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
Serious question, I know this to be something in ICE motor (some even argue to try it hard) but do EVs have a break in period?
The manual just says put 1000 easy miles on the truck before towing 'big loads'. I'm not sure if 0-60 launches qualify as 'easy', but I wouldn't risk it.

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Congrats, bro. Did your dealer make you sign the one year no sale provision?
No, they did not. I buy vehicles and run them until they die, so not sure I am high risk enough to ask that

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That’s going to be tough, that’ll take me 3 months.
Yup, no way I am waiting that long for the first launch.

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
How much does it hurt to grin for over five straight hours?
Yeah, it's been a pretty crazy and happy afternoon! I love these moments where my work at Blueprint Power and personal life collide. I get really excited about what this truck represents and how excited everyone is about it. From my farming family to the random group of internet strangers/friends here.

Just such a nifty moment to be part of.
Sponsored