• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
$229 after 20% discount yeah. I’m in but one quick question before I buy.. don’t we have a front camera? The link says for vehicles without front mounted camera

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Sponsored
OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
$229 after 20% discount yeah. I’m in but one quick question before I buy.. don’t we have a front camera? The link says for vehicles without front mounted camera
I tried myself. On a desktop it takes you to the correct "with camera" link. On a mobile device it takes you to the opposite....

It's best to use the Ford Part number:
VML3Z8A224D

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Putco is the same supplier that made the logo I used. Ford licensed it out to them =)
The only thing they need to swap is the T harness. Everything else is identical.
It would be really cool if they made one to replace the logo on the Lariat+ tailgates.

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
It's actually quite simple. It probably took me 4hrs but that's because I was solo recording and taking pictures each step. Also, I had to hit Home Depot for a ground terminal connector that is absent from the kit and unscrewed some items that didn't need to be. If I had to do it all over again, probably 45min tops. I had to watch my own video back because I ended up with 2 extra poppers at the end. I'll have it posted here on Monday because of editing.
Intellibeam - that is what I ran into. Several little bits and baubles that I had to take off to figure out how the front was built and what could go where. But I agree, about 45 minutes or so and it's done.......but that's because people like you make the video. I will say that it does sound daunting, BUT it is not that difficult.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Putco is the same supplier that made the logo I used. Ford licensed it out to them =)
The only thing they need to swap is the T harness. Everything else is identical.
Yeah, if they swapped out that harness this would take about 12 minutes to do.

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where is the install video @Intellibeam
I tried three times to export it today and after 3+hrs each fail, It's refusing. Some of the plugins we use are horrible and extended rendering times. I'm going to work on exporting another way in the morning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford LED Grill Emblem Unboxing and Installed Look on F150 Lightning Errorin

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Both the emblem and light bar need to be able to change colors as needed.
When you took apart the griil did you notice how the light bar is made? Wondering if someone will be able to replace the leds with multicolored led.
I don’t know about the front light bar, but I do know this: I removed the rear tail light assembly hoping to upgrade the reverse light LEDs as I would in prior F150s, only to find the new tail light assemblies are now sealed unit.

If even the tail light assemblies are a sealed unit, I can’t imagine the front light bar is any different - especially since the front light bar includes two pieces that part of the headlight assembly (I haven’t taken those out yet, but would be surprised to find them different from the tail light assembly).

As soon as I say all this someone more brace than me is going to bust into the tail light assembly to find the guts are somehow able to be altered - but even then, I can’t imagine it will be like the old plug-and-play LEDs with aftermarket options for a still unicorn truck.
Sponsored